59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 726.0
4 Aug
4:59pm, 4 Aug 2024
47 posts
  •  
Dubairunner
Oman is beautiful GG, must run there sometime

HS, re running in the midday sun I’m an Irishman!!
4 Aug
6:46pm, 4 Aug 2024
15,637 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done FF for this mornings 10+ miles when you didn't really feel like it. We all feel like that at times, but are glad that we made the effort.

Thanks GG! It was the club's golf handicap parkrun challenge, and I was 1st for the 2nd successive time, meaning that I can choose the parkrun venue again for next months challenge. I have chosen the Winchester parkrun, which as far as I know, none of our club runners have done before.

I do hope that you manage to fit in that 20 miler at the weekend.
4 Aug
6:48pm, 4 Aug 2024
15,638 posts
  •  
hillstrider
I've posted the same post twice 🥴
4 Aug
10:50pm, 4 Aug 2024
23,632 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
You meant in doubly! Thanks hs

Well I cannot check onto my flight online so I suspect it’s going to be a long day tomorrow - I’ve been trying off and on all day so my bets are on an overbooked flight and I’ve lucked out. In fairness it would be the first time I’ve been bumped so let’s see what happens tomorrow.
5 Aug
9:12am, 5 Aug 2024
7,060 posts
  •  
steve45
I like the look of that terrain hs and good to do over six miles on that. I wondered about "Land Rover" sun glasses so Googled them!

Bad news about your mojo FF but double figure miles with that mind set is good going.
You're being pulled here there and everywhere gg! Seems to happen a lot so hope your planned long run gets fitted in ok.
A cloudy mizzly morning here and certainly no need for sun glasses. 4.2 miles done . It's good to see improvements, thanks gg and hs, if it continues it will be great. I would like to think I'll be able to run a continuous mile by the middle of September the way my plan is going with meds and all.
5 Aug
11:07am, 5 Aug 2024
37 posts
  •  
JackFW
Glad to hear you are on the improve and progressing, @steve45. Keep up the good work.

Hope you get on your flight, GG. I’ve never been bumped- let’s hope you can say the same after tomorrow!

FF, you are doing well. Imagine what you will achieve when you turn the corner and start feeling good again.

Look forward to hearing about your Winchester PR, HS. I’ve spent a day exploring the town - nice place.

18km run yesterday morning, followed by a 5km fast run tonight. I received an email informing me the Melbourne Marathon is 10 weeks away, so it’s time to start increasing the length of my runs and upping my mileage from herein onwards. Each weekend will contain a progressively longer run with a half on Sat this week.
5 Aug
11:09am, 5 Aug 2024
26 posts
  •  
MrHSc
Legs especially hamstrings still tired from the long run on Saturday so just a recovery 4 miles this morning. Nice cool conditions for running with a pleasant breeze.

YTD 858 miles.
5 Aug
11:24am, 5 Aug 2024
27 posts
  •  
MrHSc
Shocked at the lack of athletics that the BBC have on offer, not covering most of the heats unless a Brit is involved is really poor. They didn’t even bother showing the men’s 10K live 🙁.
5 Aug
1:51pm, 5 Aug 2024
23,644 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I've been very disappointed with Olympics coverage seemed every time I checked yesterday it was golf! I love that Olympics have something for everyone but surely its the big stage for athletics. And given we have so much TV at our fingertips it would be nice on iPlayer to pick your sport.

I can say that I have never been bumped, made it to the gate and they had a seat for me, an exit seat no less so loads of room to stretch out, I may have had a snooze and missed the pilot walk up the plane which he explained on landing was due to the back of the plane getting so hot they couldn't touch the wall! He switched off all their electrics which cooled it down so we had a convoy of fire crew waiting for us as a precaution. Its never dull in my life.

I am very tired of always being at 90mph no wonder I sleep so well at the boat and love the tranquillity. 2 nights in a hotel will hopefully be restful too. I am going to run both nights and might take myself off for a sauna one night too.

Sending some mojo to FF to help it find yours
5 Aug
3:49pm, 5 Aug 2024
15,641 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks Steve, did Google have anything interesting to say about Land Rover binoculars?

Well done for this mornings 4.2 miles and continuing improvement.

JackFW, Winchester is a lovely city, with quite a history. I have done quite a few road races there which were hilly, but this will be the first parkrun. According to their Facebook forum, it is fast and flat. We are doing it on 7th September, so I'll make a note in my diary, to let you know how it went.

Well done for yesterday's 18k, and good luck with tonight's fast 5k. Best luck also with your training for the Melbourne marathon, which I hope will lead to a good race time.

MrHsc, very sensible doing a recovery pace 4 miles this morning.

I agree, the BBC coverage of the Olympics has been very poor. I'm not interested in clay pigeon shooting, dressage etc. I didn't see the men's 10,000 metres either.

GG, I see that you are also very disappointed with the BBC coverage I don't know anyone that isn't.

That's something that's a bit different, being welcomed by a convoy of fire crew on leaving the plane.

I hope that you do have two good nights sleep, and two good evening runs followed by a sauna.

Conditions were perfect for running this morning, with sunglasses not being required. I ran an enjoyable, but challenging 8.36 miles in the forest with two running friends.

I'm looking forward to the ladies 800 metres final this evening, which will be on BBC 1.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000