1000 miles in 2024

59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 726.0
31 Jul
9:35am, 31 Jul 2024
12,300 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
At least you went out @JackFW , I hope your knee improves now you have stopped running.
A good month for you @steve45 but such a shame about feeling dizzy this morning.
31 Jul
10:01am, 31 Jul 2024
24 posts
  •  
MrHSc
Jack 3c is perfect running conditions.

Not the day for a threshold workout, HR went sky high straight away so not the quality I was looking for in a 20min workout from 5 miles in total.

YTD 841 miles.
31 Jul
10:10am, 31 Jul 2024
23,557 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
@steve45 maybe try to build up to the 2min, start with 1m for now until you get used to the increased efforts? I know when I did 2m intervals last week I had forgotten how long 2min is!

It will be a round up run for me tonight, although it wont be a nice round number as it will click me over the 130 for the month as it will be more likely 4-5miles.

Well done on all the miles chipped off the target this month everyone, for various reasons the summer months (UK anyway) are harder to fit around life and the sudden switch on of summer always knocks us sideways.
31 Jul
2:50pm, 31 Jul 2024
15,601 posts
  •  
hillstrider
JackFW, well done for your 11k, run in 3 degree conditions, bringing your monthly total to your target 200k

Steve, well done for your months streak, and today's 2.2 miles.

MrHSc,well done for todays 5 miles, including a 20 minute workout.

GG, good luck with this evenings round up run.

This morning was a 5.19 mile forest run with two running friends, including 5 x 100 and 200 metres with 30 seconds recoveries, and 4 x 400 metres with 60 seconds recoveries on the gravel trail.
It was a bit cooler than yesterday at 25 degrees, but hot enough to make it a tougher session than usual.
1 Aug
8:53am, 1 Aug 2024
7,054 posts
  •  
steve45
Thanks FF and thanks for the tip gg . A perfect tip for "proper" runners but annoyingly I can't really call my two minutes true interval efforts.
Two minutes is about the maximum period of time that I'm able to actually run. It's hard for other proper runners to imagine only being able to run for such a ridiculously short time. I'm on increased meds as you know and there ARE some miniscule positive changes: Torey tells me that during my runs I've got my form and pace back and my resting pulse is good. It might end up being that this is how it will roughly be/ remain which won't be the best but better than nowt!
Great 130 total for you gg, well done.
As usual your interval routine is fabulous hs. 25c is pretty warm too!
4 .4 miles this morning, 19c at 6am and 80% humidity felt ok. Cut a load of brambles back during the walk bits of my outing!
1 Aug
9:31am, 1 Aug 2024
15,605 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done for this mornings 4.4 miles Steve. It's good to hear that Torey considers that your form and pace have recovered, and that your resting pulse is good.

Thanks for your comments re yesterday's interval session. My 100 metre efforts were quicker than last time, but the 200 and 400 were slightly slower. I'll blame it on the heat 🥵

I decided to have a running rest day today, but after watching the men's race walking, decided to do a brisk walk to the supermarket and back to see how "quickly" I could walk. Average pace 16.21 min/mile, max 14.01.
1 Aug
9:51am, 1 Aug 2024
4,278 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
4 miles progressive today to attempt to keep above the line. I’m hovering after a few lower months. I’m not going to be too obsessed as want to get some cycling and walking in too.
1 Aug
3:17pm, 1 Aug 2024
15,610 posts
  •  
hillstrider
LL, well done for this mornings 4 mile run.
2 Aug
8:03am, 2 Aug 2024
36 posts
  •  
JackFW
@MrHSc 3 degrees is a bit chilly for me!

This morning it was around 6 or 7 degrees which is closer to the preferred temp for a run! It was a beautiful sunny still morning for my 11km run. The knee has pulled up well which is a relief.

@Looby Loo the varied exercise will no doubt be better for you. It’s a good combo, cycling, walking and running.

@hillstrider very jealous that you get to do a forest run, hopefully it provided you with some cover from the daytime sun.

@steve45 well done on the 4.4 miles. Brambles are not my friend, so keep up the good work.
2 Aug
9:21am, 2 Aug 2024
7,056 posts
  •  
steve45
Nice to put in some other stuff like cycling and walking LL. Your run miles are fine. Unfortunately I rarely cycle these days and I actually find walking challenging thanks to my gammy leg.
Glad your knee is ok JackFW and yeah, 6c or 7c is a good temperature for running.
A bit cooler here this morning at 15c , brambles are ok to leave now, probably won't grow back until next year so just a straightforward outing and 3.2 miles.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000