1000 miles in 2024

1 lurker | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 726.0
5 Aug
3:52pm, 5 Aug 2024
3,965 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Sounds scary GG, how on earth did you sleep through that. Hope you can relax a little while you are away.

Well done on your runs folks, great start to the week. I did my strength session this morning.

Good luck with the training Jack, I think mine is about 10 weeks away too.

I have Asics GT2000 Steve, it was difficult trying to get shoes in my size that weren't too expensive.

Last day of work for me today for almost 3 weeks, looking forward to having time off.
5 Aug
4:59pm, 5 Aug 2024
7,063 posts
  •  
steve45
MrHMsc... we're managing to watch a load of athletics on been I player .
5 Aug
5:21pm, 5 Aug 2024
7,064 posts
  •  
steve45
Sorry..MrHSc....and meant that we've been watching loads of athletics on I Player...
Good ten week period plenty of time to get where you want to be for the marathon in ten weeks time.
Good run there again hs but sadly no sunshine. Yeah, we're looking forward to the 800 metres at the Olympics tonight although even though Keely is favourite, anything can happen. As in the Pole Vault today.☹️. A close call for GB in the mixed Triathlon today too but a bronze is good.
I rather enjoyed watching some of the clay pigeon shooting but not sure whether I'd call it "sport".
I was looking at the very same shoes to buy Lesley, haven't bought them yet. They look a good deal and even though I'm only run/walking I need a new pair because I like shoe rotation. Enjoy your time off work.
5 Aug
5:41pm, 5 Aug 2024
15,642 posts
  •  
hillstrider
I wear Asic 1000's and have done for many years. I did wear 2000's before 1000's, but found them too rigid and supportive. They may,of course, have changed over the years.

I didn't need to wear my Land Rover sunglasses this morning.
6 Aug
6:26am, 6 Aug 2024
38 posts
  •  
JackFW
@Lesley C Yes, I believe that you, @Donnie1 and I are all on the same weekend or thereabouts is mid October.

A slow recovery 10km this morning. Tomorrow is a rest day. Happy running everyone.
6 Aug
9:42am, 6 Aug 2024
7,065 posts
  •  
steve45
Just finished watching the women's 1500 heats. Looking forward to Josh Kerr this evening after Keely H fabulous win last night. And what about Mondo?!!
Nice to be recovering with 10k Jack, enjoy your rest day too .
Early morning sun here hs! Plenty of summer sun to come for the glasses to be enjoyed!
4.4 miles with my wife who puts up with my run/walks; I felt better than yesterday but didn't put any wellie into the session!
6 Aug
9:56am, 6 Aug 2024
15,644 posts
  •  
hillstrider
JackFW, well done for this mornings recovery pace 10k. Have a good rest day tomorrow.

Steve, I've just missed the women's 1500 heats. I thought it was on BBC 1, but it was show jumping 😩. I'm on the red button now, which is showing athletics.

It's the absolute opposite weather here. It's overcast and very heavy rain. I've only worn the sunglasses once 🥴 I had to wear my anorak for my Farmers Walk and the bags and their contents were absolutely soaked.

Well done for this mornings 4.4 miles with your wife.
6 Aug
10:08am, 6 Aug 2024
12,333 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Early up and out for me as I have a physio appointment at 11.30 for my shoulder. 9 miles done in drizzly showers. It was the stuff that soaks you and you don't realise it's happening.
6 Aug
11:04am, 6 Aug 2024
28 posts
  •  
MrHSc
@steve45 steve45 Steve a Kerr win is exactly what is needed for a shot in the arm of running just like Mo did so many years back.
Keeley and Josh winning might just inspire the next generation of British Olympic winners.

Just the 6 miles today, still a bit of tightness in the left hammy but nothing too concerning.

YTD 864 miles.
6 Aug
11:06am, 6 Aug 2024
3,969 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Hope the physio goes well FF. I could have been down with drizzle, well done on your run.

Sounds like a good run Steve.

Hot one here today, had to skip my last set of intervals as I just couldn't do it. Anyway another run done.

My race is the 13th of October. Will come round quickly I think.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000