1000 miles in 2024

4 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 726.0
7 Aug
8:43am, 7 Aug 2024
7,067 posts
  •  
steve45
Glad you located the athletics hs; it's not made very clear where to find various sports, we tend to faff about before we find the stadium events! Ugh to soggy shopping but you still marched on!
Hope the shoulder improves after your physio FF and well done on your measley 9 miles 😂!!
You were right about the Josh Kerr feeling MrHSc but Arghhh ! A good run and exciting race but not the result we wanted it expected.
Hot up there Lesley so don't blame you for adjusting your session.
Miserable morning here, cloudy, 14c yet ideal for running. I stuck to roads today and a three miler, it started to rain at the two mile mark. Not much if a proper summer so far and it's slipping away!
7 Aug
9:30am, 7 Aug 2024
12,340 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Lots of exercises to do to rehab my shoulder, I'm to do shorter runs and cut the amount of exercise ideally. Even cycling affects the shoulder. Work 20 minutes and rest if possible, mmm that won't be easy but we'll see how it goes. I have another appointment next Monday.
7 Aug
10:22am, 7 Aug 2024
23,667 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Good luck with continued shoulder improvement FF. urgh to cutting down running but our shoulders do a lot of work don't they. Shame they didn't suggest cutting down on work.

I had a planned rest day today, I slept like a log woke up and had thought I'd go for a little run (maybe intervals) but my body said not today. I went for a walk instead which I really enjoyed.

I did do 5m on Monday and 6 last night, failed on the sauna as it was full of blokes taking up all the room possible I did manage to squeeze in the steam run.

Shame Kerr didnt get the gold, he certainly tried - I managed to catch some of the running and the highlights. The Skateboarding and BMXers amaze me the courage they have!

Home tonight briefly as we are taking the campervan out at the weekend - exciting (so long as we avoid any idiot rioters)
7 Aug
10:38am, 7 Aug 2024
18 posts
  •  
Donnie1
Jack and lesley: looks like we all have marathons on the same weekend, 15th Oct. Mine is the Yorkshire marathon which has its HQ on the York uni campus.

Hot and brezzy which hasn't been great. Also in new trainers which feel rather narrow although identical to the previous pair, corn on the little toe of my left foot is playing up!!

Three runs to log, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. 5.0, 7.1 and 6.2. All suburban roads usual stuff but great post work relaxation.

Ytd: 569.2
7 Aug
11:43am, 7 Aug 2024
29 posts
  •  
MrHSc
FF sorry to hear about your shoulder issues, just take it easy for a couple of weeks and you will be back strong.

Yeah bummer about Josh Kerr but an Olympic silver is not be sniffed at but at least he beat Jakob 😁.

8 miles today inc 6.5 tempo pace.

YTD 872 miles.
7 Aug
3:32pm, 7 Aug 2024
15,656 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks Steve, yes the red button came to my rescue, and BBC1 last night was good for the athletics.

Well done for this mornings 3 miles.

FF, I'm sorry to hear that your shoulder is still troublesome, and hope that Mondays appointment will help.

GG, that was a good idea to go for a nice enjoyable walk, instead of running, listening to your body.

Donnie 1, well done for your 3 runs in your new trainers. I've had the same problems with my new trainers. They are the same model and version, but I had to have a half size larger. They are broken in now, but for quite some time, it was a struggle putting them on.

MrHSc, well done for todays 8 miles, including 6.5 at tempo pace.

This morning was a solo 3.88 miles in the forest, including 4 hilly laps of 0.37 miles, with approximately 2 minutes recoveries. There were more dog walkers around than usual, but thankfully the dogs were all on leads.
7 Aug
9:47pm, 7 Aug 2024
213 posts
  •  
falcarius
Rest up FF - I hope the shoulder feels better soon
8 Aug
8:59am, 8 Aug 2024
7,069 posts
  •  
steve45
We all wish that getting new trainers was a straightforward thing to do, a nuisance when the same model or brand have variations in sizing etc. Glad you've broken yours in hs but ouch to yours aggravating a corn Donnie1. (Podiatrist or corn removal pad? I buy Boots removal pads about once a year but they can take off quite an area of hard skin with it too).
Nice forest run hs even though you threw in interval type efforts on a hilly course...phew!
Hope your physio exercises do the trick FF. My physio hip treatment is still going on (since April) but some problems have got in the way of doing them regularly.
A drizzly morning but ideal to trot in! Five miles along part road and then river trail . Always a nuisance when one has to keep wiping spectacles. Drizzle is worse than rain for that. Nice outing though.
8 Aug
10:39am, 8 Aug 2024
12,344 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Thanks everyone for your best wishes. The exercises I've been given feel as if they're irritating my shoulder rather than helping but I shall persevere until my next appointment Monday.
Doing as I'm told and cutting down the time I'm running so I'm not aggravating it I only did 4 miles this morning. Sunny skies with a strong breeze.
8 Aug
11:39am, 8 Aug 2024
15,657 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks Steve, the 0.37 mile loop is all on grass, with plenty of roots to look out for.

Well done for this mornings 5 miles in the drizzle.

FF, keep up the perseverance until Monday. Well done for just doing a sensible 4 miles.

Just an easy pace solo 4 miles in the forest this morning. Cooler than the last few days, so ideal for running.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000