•  
hillstrider
I'm the one in the green t-shirt.
3 Aug
4:36pm, 3 Aug 2024
3,964 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Lots of great running in here. Great pacing from HS again this week.

Hoping to get an 18 miler in a couple of weeks, won't be progressive - a slow plod more like it.

Getting that route in an hour sounds like a good target Donnie. Hope you manage to get it.

Things are sounding positive Steve, glad to hear it.

I much prefer the cold too, at least you can layer up whereas when it's warm you can't strip.

I have had a cut back this week, 6.5 miles three times, it's been too hot here. Tried out my new road shoes this morning and they were fine. I was also RD at Parkrun this morning so had to run early. Was a lovely morning.
4 Aug
5:40am, 4 Aug 2024
45 posts
  •  
Dubairunner
3.03 miles at 8am, 37 degrees and high humidity. Roll on winter
4 Aug
7:32am, 4 Aug 2024
4,289 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Does it cool much in the winter? @
4 Aug
8:09am, 4 Aug 2024
7,058 posts
  •  
steve45
Superb long runs gg and MrHSc both contending with our warm days....but DubaiR experience is on a different scale altogether! I've never and will never run in 37c!
I personally dislike any temperature below 5c and have often thought about having winter months off running!

Good park runs Donnie1 and hs with wava impressive and age group first again for you hs.
Glad the new shoes served you well Lesley on 3x 6.5 miles. What sort?
My longer outing on Saturday, 5.2 miles showed some improvement again. Today a very short (1.3) to check my ability to run continuously. Managed the goal of a mere half mile; HR generally ok except a short few seconds at 157 but my body felt dreadful! If it hadn't been for seeing my wife coming in the opposite direction about three hundred yards away I would have stopped! Such is ego!! So in a nutshell -- a bit of progress but a long long way to go still.
4 Aug
10:21am, 4 Aug 2024
46 posts
  •  
Dubairunner
LL winters are perfect, mid 20s during the day and mid teens at night, summer mid 40s during the day and mid 30s during the night, but this year we have high humidity.

Also can’t believe how many tourists are here this year, used to be dead in the summer, and most families leave for the summer leaving the dads here working.
4 Aug
12:20pm, 4 Aug 2024
15,630 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks Lesley! Well done for your three 6.5 miles. I hope the weather is a bit cooler when you run your 18 miler.

Well done Dubairunner for your 3.03 miles in 37 degrees C heat, that's not far off 100 degrees F🥵 Reminds me of the old song "Mad men and English men go out in the noon day sun"

Thanks Steve, conditions were good for running, but my throat was dry at the finish, so I had to refuse a cream cake 🧁

It's good to hear about your continuing improvement in your running. Well done for this mornings 1.3 milles experimental run.

This morning was a solo 6.37 miles in the forest, wearing my new "Land Rover" sun glasses.
4 Aug
12:48pm, 4 Aug 2024
12,322 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
First run of the month. Early to bed for me last night and expecting to be out running by 8.30 but I didn't wake until 9am and didn't get out until almost 9.30 so just over 10 miles this morning was all I managed. Once again I didn't feel like a run but enjoyed it when I was out, I seem to have lost my mojo again but I make myself go out mostly. Perhaps it's been the heat after all, this morning was overcast and cooler.
4 Aug
3:13pm, 4 Aug 2024
23,628 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I was in Oman in the winter months it was beautiful and my ideal kind of weather I think I’d have struggled in the summer as I did go a couple of times in the summer months and it was noticeable difference.

Great that you’re seeing some improvements now Steve fingers crossed for you.

Great photo hs and well done on your parkrun.

Good luck with the long run Lesley, I really need to get a 20m in next weekend but I can’t see it happening. I was going to do my 30m virtual event but forgot I have a tattoo appointment and sports massage so I am not stressing when I can fit it in.
4 Aug
4:43pm, 4 Aug 2024
15,635 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done FF for this mornings 10+ miles when you didn't really feel like it. We all feel like that at times, but are glad that we made the effort.

Thanks GG! It was the club's golf handicap parkrun challenge, and I was 1st for the 2nd successive time, meaning that I can choose the parkrun venue again for next months challenge. I have chosen the Winchester parkrun, which as far as I know, none of our club runners have done before.

I do hope that you manage to fit in that 20 miler at the weekend.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000