1000 miles in 2024

2 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 726.0
2 Aug
9:35am, 2 Aug 2024
4,283 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Thanks Jack, obsessing with run targets is detrimental to my fitness as I want to cycle more. My walks are quite fast normally about 45 mins for 5k.
30 mins today to keep the green tick ( that I’m not obsessing about) 🤣
3 degrees would be bliss for me as I’m a snowflake. Have a lovely weekend folks.
2 Aug
10:53am, 2 Aug 2024
16 posts
  •  
Donnie1
I had hoped to run 10 last night. It was hot, I'd been gardening all day. Recalibrated before setting off. I have a 'one hour' jogging route of 7 miles which, when I'm going well the target is to complete in exactly an hour but feel comfortable at the end. Yesterday I was an hour and 2 mins and it hurt.

Ytd: 547.8
2 Aug
11:32am, 2 Aug 2024
15,617 posts
  •  
hillstrider
JackFW, well done for this mornings 11k. It's good to hear that your knee was ok.

Yes, I'm very lucky to live so near to the New Forest. We do try to find routes with the most shade.

Steve, I haven't cycled since I left Liverpool nearly 40 years ago. I would like to, but the roads are far to dangerous for me.

Well done for this mornings 3.2 miles.

LL, well done for your 30 minutes run.

Donnie1, well done for last night's 7 miles run in the heat.

Just the usual Friday Farmers Walk this morning.
2 Aug
9:22pm, 2 Aug 2024
23,606 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
3deg is chilly for me too, I mich prefer hot weather but today the humidity was bad then the sun came out and it was brutal. Already struggling from a poor sleep 15m was the plan and I managed it VERY slowly. Not helped having to walk past some cows until I was out of their sight and needed Steve’s secateurs for the nettles and brambles. Not done a lot since I got back. Hoping for a decent sleep tonight.

Well done for all the running walking and cycling, I don’t complain about the heat as we get so little of it so my only gripe is we don’t get to acclimatise to it

Good luck to all the parkrunners tomorrow.
3 Aug
11:26am, 3 Aug 2024
25 posts
  •  
MrHSc
Thought I would take a leaf out of Donnie’s book and planned a 6 mile loop coming back around past my house where I placed an electrolyte drink but then didnt bother having a drink 😂.
18 mile progression run, really pleased how it went, seems ages since I had a decent long run workout and finished it at half marathon pace for the last mile.

YTD 854 miles.
3 Aug
12:23pm, 3 Aug 2024
23,613 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Well done MrHSc
3 Aug
1:32pm, 3 Aug 2024
17 posts
  •  
Donnie1
GG: hear you about the recent warm weather and disruptive sleep. Overall I love summer apart from the impact on running. Would much rather be out in 3 degrees rather than 25+.

Park run this morning, 66% age rating thingy, never sure what that means but it's the heaviest it's been for some time.

Ytd: 550.9
3 Aug
2:04pm, 3 Aug 2024
23,614 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I hate if I comp on about the heat as it’s so fleeting but it really does take it out of you on a run.

A deg or two cooler today and a very pleasant run 5 miles nice and easy and could have gone on for hours!
3 Aug
3:25pm, 3 Aug 2024
15,622 posts
  •  
hillstrider
GG, well done for yesterday's 15 miles in hot and humid conditions, and this mornings pleasant 5 miles.

MrHSc, well done for yesterday's 18 miles progressive run.

Donnie 1, well done for this mornings parkrun and 66% WAVA.

This morning I ran in the Brockenhurst parkrun,which was the club's golf handicap challenge. My time was 29. 32 and 83rd from 131 runners. 1stAG 75-80, and WAVA 68%. I've attached a screenshot of us after the run.
3 Aug
3:26pm, 3 Aug 2024
15,623 posts
  •  
hillstrider
It didn't work, I'll try again!

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000