1000 miles in 2024

2 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 726.0
30 Jul
9:13am, 30 Jul 2024
23,537 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I like the concept of parkrun, that it has got so many people running every Saturday many who may not have started without it is amazing. I used to be heavily involved in my local one and remember helping a young lad round he wanted to lose quite a bit of weight. He was anxious I just chatted incessantly as we ran walked and a couple of months later he looked me out to say thank you, he’d ran the whole thing and was already over a stone down. It made me feel so happy that the running community had helped change his life.

I don’t go now I don’t get a lot out of it personally and my local one is a tight route and attracts a good 500 a week as it’s classed as a flat fast course.

Up and out early today, I’d set myself an interval session that really pushed me but I loved it. Round up run tomorrow where did July go?
30 Jul
11:15am, 30 Jul 2024
15,592 posts
  •  
hillstrider
It's getting difficult to keep up with all the posts, but it's good having so many keen and enthusiastic posters

I know that parkruns aren't everyones "cup of tea" but they suit my requirements. I do very few races these days, but the parkruns maintain my competitiveness, especially with the age grading, which enables me to compare myself with the "running snakes."

No Farmers Walk this morning, as I drove into the village for a go faster haircut, and purchased a pair of sunglasses to wear whilst I'm running. 🌞
30 Jul
11:25am, 30 Jul 2024
23,538 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Sounds like a good day all round hs. parkrun definitely has a place in the running world.
30 Jul
12:18pm, 30 Jul 2024
23 posts
  •  
MrHSc
Yup HS I’m one of those, parkrun not my cup of tea. There again if I did one maybe I might change my mind 😂.

Quickish 8 miles this morning with a bit of cloud around providing shade which was nice.

YTD 836 miles.
30 Jul
12:19pm, 30 Jul 2024
12,296 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Absolutely no enthusiasm for a run this morning but I dragged myself out and did just over 5 miles to complete another 100 mile month. I had hoped to find some motivation by doing a couple of half mile efforts. Those efforts were very poor and I stopped to stroke a dog during the 2nd one as I really cba'd.
I can only assume it has something to do with the weather.
30 Jul
12:37pm, 30 Jul 2024
44 posts
  •  
Dubairunner
No running today, home from work at 7am, up at 12 but already 44 degrees and now have to head out for drinks. Maybe tomorrow

Never done park run, don’t exist here and averaging about 1 weekend off in 3 prob wouldn’t if I was back home
30 Jul
1:47pm, 30 Jul 2024
15 posts
  •  
Donnie1
During the working week I tend to run in the gap after work and before tea. Bit warm last night and I was out later than I'd hoped for. Did 4 miles, plodding. Doubt I'll be able to get out today or tomorrow, so gearing up for double figures on Thursday which might be the first in 2024.

Ytd: 540.7
30 Jul
4:01pm, 30 Jul 2024
15,597 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks GG!

Mr HSc, give it a try one time, you might like it 😉. Well done for this mornings quickish 8 miles.

FF, well done for getting out in the heat, completing 100 miles for the month. I've got 2.9 miles left, which I will complete tomorrow.

Dubairunner, 44 degrees, wow! 30 degrees here is more than enough.

Donnie 1, well done for yesterdays 4 miles. Fingers crossed 🤞 for your double figures on Thursday.
31 Jul
4:17am, 31 Jul 2024
35 posts
  •  
JackFW
@Fenland Flier I felt exactly the same this morning. And I was in a similar position to you chasing a milestone (200kms for the month), so I forced myself out in the cold (3 degrees) for a 11km run.

Actually, I felt really good once I got going. The left knee is a bit sore now though. It tends to bother me when I try to up the speed, and I suspect it’s due to poor running technique which gets worse the faster I try to go…
31 Jul
9:14am, 31 Jul 2024
7,052 posts
  •  
steve45
18c and sunshine early this morning and pleased to have notched up "an outing" every day of this month. Tried (!) my 6x 2 minutes again which wasn't as ok as last week. At 90 seconds I was becoming dizzy so that wasn't as pleasant as I wanted it to be . Just 2.2 miles was enough today .
Brr to 3c Jack.... those days will be back here all too soon. I don't like it! Well done on 200k for the month .
Well done on approaching double figure miles Donnie 1.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000