1000 miles in 2024

6 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 726.0
27 Jul
6:55pm, 27 Jul 2024
12,280 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Obviously you're a very efficient pacer hillstrider, well done.
27 Jul
7:24pm, 27 Jul 2024
15,575 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks FF, they've been joking that I should carry a "30 minute pacer" flagšŸ˜
27 Jul
10:25pm, 27 Jul 2024
12,283 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
hillstrider wrote:Thanks FF, they've been joking that I should carry a "30 minute pacer" flagšŸ˜

And why not add a volunteering role to your parkrun?
27 Jul
10:28pm, 27 Jul 2024
43 posts
  •  
Dubairunner
Not much running going on here, the odd 5k only, just too hot! I keep looking at our treadmill and canā€™t get any enthusiasm. Iā€™m normally in Thailand at this time of the year and love running there but stuck in Dubai all summer this year.

Sorry I missed you MrM2, good luck with the continuing struggles you face.

I generally would run about 1800-2000 miles a year but a broken ankle in 2022 has left me struggling to get back to consistency. Just passed 700 miles for the year so still a long way off.
28 Jul
2:56am, 28 Jul 2024
33 posts
  •  
JackFW
Congrats on the 700 milestone, Dubairunner. As Iā€™ve said before, every km in that heat is worth two in my opinion. I have the same problem with the treadmill - itā€™s just not the same. But better than nothing! And a necessity for your neck of the woods.

HS, consistency is the sign of a strong runner. Well done.

Iā€™m reading some impressive previous yearly totals on here. My best to date was last year (1068 miles) which involved my first marathon completed and basically two months off mid year due to injury. Looking forward to a total mileage PB this year with two marathons completed.

12km run this morning in very wet and windy conditions. It was supposed to be a ā€œfastā€ run but I just trundled along, probably due to a few glasses of wine last night. We are dog sitting this weekend which has been loads of fun. Maybe that has zapped all my energy?

Finished the run on Lagoon Pier.

28 Jul
9:23am, 28 Jul 2024
7,044 posts
  •  
steve45
That's a nice finish Jack. Well done on 12k.Trundling sounds better than my plodding!! As for wine the night before don't forget that the great Steve Jones broke the world half marathon record (61 minutes something) in the 1980's after a night before downing ten pints of cider šŸ¤£.

Tough conditions for you Dubairunner and I guess a treadmill doesn't really call you to start. My wife broke her ankle last October but slowly worked back to regular running after a decent rehabilitation.
Well done again hs on your park run, maintaing great consistency as usual.
4.1 miles in the early morning sunshine and a terrific 11c , so great for anyone out running.
28 Jul
11:41am, 28 Jul 2024
15,578 posts
  •  
hillstrider
FF, I don't think having "official" pacemakers in parkruns would go down well with "the powers that be" They would argue that parkruns aren't races.

Dubairunner, I sympathise with you running in hot weather. It's tough enough in the UK, so obviously much worse for you. I've no enthusiasm for treadmills either, in fact I just can't get on with them. Well done for your 700 miles to date.

JackFW, thanks, I do try to maintain a consistent pace in my running, but do push hard in interval and hill reps sessions.

Well done for this mornings 12k and nice finish on Lagoon Pier.

Steve, I believe that back in the eighties, copious pints after training etc was par for the course šŸ»

Thanks, as I've mentioned above, I do try to maintain a consistent pace, but with a sprint finish, which is about all I have maintained since my fastest days. I now wonder how I maintained that sprint pace throughout, during my races.

Well done for this mornings 4.1 miles.

I ran 3.26 miles on roads this morning at recovery pace, with no sprint finish šŸ¤£
28 Jul
2:24pm, 28 Jul 2024
12,286 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
I've paced at parkrun @hillstrider and I've attended parkruns where there are pacers. I think it helps those who would like to improve their performance but perhaps are unable to run evenly for 5k.
Just over 15 miles for me this morning, some off road miles again.
28 Jul
3:15pm, 28 Jul 2024
15,580 posts
  •  
hillstrider
FF, I'll continue to be an unofficial pacer. It wasn't intentional, and I don't want to make a habit of it.

Well done for this mornings 15+ miles.
28 Jul
6:10pm, 28 Jul 2024
2,888 posts
  •  
AndyS
hillstrider wrote:FF, I don't think having "official" pacemakers in parkruns would go down well with "the powers that be"

Given that 'pacer' has been an official volunteer role for many years now, I don't the TPTB have any issue with pacers. (My home run usually has a pacing event on the second Saturday of the month)

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000