1000 miles in 2024

4 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 728.8
23 Jul
4:21pm, 23 Jul 2024
4,263 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Oops I can't even add up now it was 9.5...
Exciting Lesley.
23 Jul
4:36pm, 23 Jul 2024
15,537 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done FF for this mornings 11 miles.

Well done LL for your 10.5 miles over two days. I try to ignore my hr readings as they don't seem to make sense. My hr during slow recovery runs is often higher than during interval sessions, hill reps and races.

GG, I think the lack of sunshine may have made the walk easier. The bags are usually heavier on Fridays though.

I hope that you do manage to get out for a run later today Lesley. I see that you are also ignoring the hr readings.

I see that you have just signed up for the Loch Rannoch Marathon. I hope that you do well in it. I expect that we will see an increase in your weekly mileage now😃
23 Jul
5:16pm, 23 Jul 2024
23,435 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Ohhh that will be a beautiful marathon! Good luck with the training.
24 Jul
1:22am, 24 Jul 2024
29 posts
  •  
JackFW
10km this morning to work.

A rare sighting of two dolphins in the Bay, only 20 or 30m from the beach. Tried to take a photo but somehow took a 30 sec video. My tech abilities are not great whilst running!
24 Jul
7:42am, 24 Jul 2024
23,444 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Wow how amazing Jack! You could play and pause video on a good shot and shreen shot it for a photo.

Running after work tonight with friend and mam (who thankfully is recovered after quick intervention on a possible stress fracture, my physio is a magician!)
24 Jul
8:19am, 24 Jul 2024
10,437 posts
  •  
PeterFay
Can also extract still from video using almost any video editing software.
24 Jul
9:21am, 24 Jul 2024
7,040 posts
  •  
steve45
That's great to see JackFW and a vid to keep too .
Two Farmers Walks a week hs?! Have you weighed your bags ....? As you said it's much tougher in sunshine as well.
Super 11 miles FF, no stopping you on these double figures. Good distances LL , well done.
The HR thing is always controversial. In my younger days we never had such tech to measure things by but the principle was still added to things like intervals and counting BPM on your wrist with fingers! As for now, if I hadn't had data about my HR when running I wouldn't have had full heart scans, referral to COVID consultant or access to exercise stress test. Evidence with a capital "E" is paramount although probably not so relevant when everything is going reasonably well .
As for "running to feel" which is how I always used to do, now it would dictate that I stop which I have been doing, thus the run/walk regime. The HRM gives me "permission" currently to push a bit more knowing I'm not in danger (according to the medics).
A short outing this morning incorporated 6x2 minutes actual running and 2x1 minute with equal recovery. This is my absolute limit and I felt dizzy towards the end of each but my HR was acceptable for me!
24 Jul
11:06am, 24 Jul 2024
22 posts
  •  
MrHSc
Great sighting Jack, you are lucky to run in such surroundings.

Steve I always run with a HR Monitor even though I don’t run to HR more to feel and pace if doing any speed work.

I find it useful to look at trends of fitness.

8 miles today at the slower end of tempo pace and 5 easy yesterday.

YTD 818 miles.
24 Jul
11:42am, 24 Jul 2024
15,543 posts
  •  
hillstrider
JackFW, well done for this mornings 10k, and how nice to see two dolphins.

Steve, yes I've been doing Farmers Walks Tuesday and Friday for a couple of years or so. No, I haven't weighed them, but it does vary, depending on what I have bought.

I remember those days measuring hr with fingers on the wrist. I don't look at hr during my runs, only when I get home.

Well done for this mornings short outing, and good to hear that your hr was acceptable to you.

MrHsc, well done for this mornings 8 miles, and yesterday's 5.

This morning was 5.12 miles with a running friend, including 5 hill reps with walk down recoveries, run out and back.
24 Jul
12:18pm, 24 Jul 2024
30 posts
  •  
JackFW
Hey everyone, sorry probably not a great shot but this is the best I can do!

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000