5 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 726.0
22 Jul
12:10pm, 22 Jul 2024
26 posts
  •  
JackFW
Congrats on the 800 miles, MrHSc.

Monday nights each fortnight are my fast 5km night.

Two weeks ago did just sub 25 min. Tonight 23:59 which is somewhere near my PB (not sure what it is, sub 23:50 or thereabouts).

Hoping the varied running and introduction of a “fast” run will improve my marathon time come October.

Enjoy your running everybody!
22 Jul
12:55pm, 22 Jul 2024
23,398 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Panicked for nothing after some help with an IT issue and to also give us a belated anniversary gift. Overactive minds....
22 Jul
2:22pm, 22 Jul 2024
16 posts
  •  
MrM2
Hi All, Been out of the loop for a few days and have decided to pull out of Fetch. Life is quite complicated at the moment and MrsM needs more of my time. (We had a full hoist delivered the other day, so that gives you some idea of where I'm at.) Still managing to get out for a bit of running and I'm up to 894 miles for the year.
We hope to mark our 53rd wedding anniversary in early September. So, there's much to be thankful for and every day we thank God for a full and active life together. Wont trouble you with any more details, but will just sign off, thanking you all for your friendship and encouragement over the years, especially the RW gang.
Happy running.
22 Jul
3:01pm, 22 Jul 2024
4,261 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
MrM2 you need to do what’s best for you and your situation you can come back any time. Best Wishes and hope you manage to keep up your running. I hope you have some support.
22 Jul
3:06pm, 22 Jul 2024
23,405 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
@MrM2 sending love and strength to you both and I pray you get your celebration in September. Take care of you and MrsM2 and as Loo said we are here if you decide to come back.

Also hope you have plenty support around for you too. Take care
22 Jul
3:22pm, 22 Jul 2024
15,527 posts
  •  
hillstrider
GG, I'm glad to hear that your meeting was for nothing serious, in fact the opposite.

MrM2, you have made the right decision and caring for your wife is definitely your top priority. I hope that you will still be able to run now and again. I cared for my mother for 3 years, and getting out for a run when I could, helped me to cope.

I didn't know you on RW, as I only posted on the Mature Runners thread.
22 Jul
5:02pm, 22 Jul 2024
12,255 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Thinking of you @MrM2 but we're not here just for running, there's help and support all over the site if you want it.
22 Jul
6:42pm, 22 Jul 2024
3,949 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Thinking of you @MrM2 as FF said we are here for support. Do pop in now and again and say hello and let us know you are ok. Take care of yourself.

Good running folks. Strength session for me today. Will be running tomorrow.
22 Jul
10:18pm, 22 Jul 2024
27 posts
  •  
JackFW
@MrM2 sorry to hear this but you need to do what you think is right for you and your wife.

We will be here when you are ready to return.

It’s been great exchanging messages and getting to know you. Take care.
23 Jul
8:16am, 23 Jul 2024
7,038 posts
  •  
steve45
Can't add anything that has already been said MrM2 so simply take care of yourself as well.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000