1000 miles in 2024

5 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 728.8
19 Jul
1:41pm, 19 Jul 2024
4,249 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
We must have crossed posts Lesley sorry to hear the wee man is poorly.
Well done GG.

Thanks Lesley we’re enjoying our trip so far.
20 Jul
9:03am, 20 Jul 2024
7,031 posts
  •  
steve45
5.1 miles along trails carrying secateurs and cutting back overhanging brambles on the way. No bother about time or pace and a very warm humid morning here which was ok for a run/walker😂
20 Jul
9:04am, 20 Jul 2024
7,032 posts
  •  
steve45
Hope the unwell boy is getting better Lesley and you don't catch any lurgy.
20 Jul
12:41pm, 20 Jul 2024
207 posts
  •  
falcarius
@Fenland Flier You seem to enjoy your longer runs and they seem to work for you. I just enjoy running as fast as I can and feeling strong.

Historically, with the exception of club runs, I mainly used to do 2 miles of speed work and 2 miles recovery most days. I am nowhere near as robust to do that now in my late 30's, otherwise I would still do that these days. I thinking of doing extra rest day and trying long run on Sundays and trying to actually make club run on Thursday's over the next couple of months otherwise my half marathon will be hard work.

@Lesley C Hope you get some better sleep in and boy is better soon.

@steve45 The trail route sounds fun. I have been known to cut brambles too, our farmer appears to have other priorities.
20 Jul
12:43pm, 20 Jul 2024
208 posts
  •  
falcarius
22:36 at Horspath parkrun today - I am pleased as it is super humid.

Did anyone else get a parkrun in today?
20 Jul
12:55pm, 20 Jul 2024
23,354 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Wow speedy parkrun @falcarius I don’t do parkrun but I’ve done 2 small runs one to get some emergency shopping (milk for tea and a bacon buttie and one to collect car to do more
Shopping for tonight’s tea) totalling 4.5m

Well done on the 5.1 with some gardening thrown in @steve45

Hope all you parkrunners have enjoyed your runs and hope little man is feeling better @Lesley C
20 Jul
1:21pm, 20 Jul 2024
19 posts
  •  
MrHSc
Steve I need you to do a run around my canal path it’s over run with nettles and weeds 😁. Good run btw.

Nice speedy park run falcarius. I can’t do park run’s as I like to have a lie in on a Saturday as that’s when my local ones occur.

Although due to the heat yesterday I had to push my long run to today. A bit of a slog which I didn’t really enjoy, I assume it was just the heat from last couple of days - HR was up and legs felt tired but managed to push through with 18 miles.

YTD 799 miles.
20 Jul
2:23pm, 20 Jul 2024
12,239 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
A fraction over 13 miles yesterday and it was off road too which is unusual for me. I wish I'd taken secateurs with me. The path had been cut but the brambles and nettles overhung the path and I walked quite a bit negotiating the obstacles. I also made the mistake of not taking any water with me (I don't usually) but it was very hot and towards the end I knew I was dehydrated. I'm still not fully hydrated even now.
20 Jul
3:04pm, 20 Jul 2024
15,511 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Good afternoon everyone, I hope that you are all watching the athletics on BBC 1?

@Lesley C I hope that the little man is feeling better now, and that you don't catch the infection.

@geordiegirl well done for your 3 miles Farmers run.

@steve45 well done for your 5.1 miles on trails, cutting overgrowth with your secateurs.

@falcarius well done for todays parkrun, an excellent time. I also parkran, see below.

@MrHSc well done for your 18 miles in the heat, and 799 miles ytd.

@Fenland Flier well done for yesterday's 13 miles off road.

I ran the Bartley Park parkrun this morning in 29.34, 77th out of 112 and 1stAG 75-80. WAVA 67.93%, Age grading 14 out 112.
20 Jul
4:39pm, 20 Jul 2024
3,947 posts
  •  
Lesley C
I feel like pruning quite a lot of bushes and trees round here too Steve. Well done on your miles.

Nice speedy parkrun Falcarius. A great one there too HS.

MrHSc - well.done on your long run. It's so much harder when it's hot.

I did 13.1 miles this morning, I added a Parkrun (no 88) in there too. It was hot but cloudy, if it had been full sun it would have been even hotter.

Afternoon at the allotment picking fruit, lots of currents, gooseberries and raspberries. Got back just before the rain.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000