1000 miles in 2024

8 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 728.8
18 Jul
5:59pm, 18 Jul 2024
206 posts
  •  
falcarius
@steve45 I am glad that your consultant and care team are looking after you. Hopfully the new medication works.

@Fenland Flier I am jealous of you being you being able to smack out multiple longer runs in a week.

@hillstrider Well done on the 800 metre reps.
18 Jul
7:32pm, 18 Jul 2024
12,225 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Don't be jealous @falcarius it probably isn't doing me a lot of good. I rarely do any other types of run ( temp / intervals) currently. I only go out 3 times a week and often only twice but I enjoy distance running and wouldn't go out for anything less than an hour at best.
18 Jul
8:24pm, 18 Jul 2024
12 posts
  •  
Donnie1
Fenland flyer: I'm rather like you, I like going for a run! I know I could / would be more efficient by doing different runs, I just never do it. I like jogging typically anything from 5 to 8 miles. Simple. Having said that, I conflict is, I do want to get better, quick, or realistically hold my current standards for longer than I otherwise might.

Two x 5 miles this week, both very much 'jogging', it's my mindfulness.

Ytd: 510.8
18 Jul
8:40pm, 18 Jul 2024
23,317 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I had a coach for a few months end of last year until now. She gives me an interval or hill session each week and a strength and yoga - maybe 2 a recovery run 2 easy runs and a long run we’ve been building to back to back long.

When I have intervals in I love it but it takes some getting out the door. It’s my worry now I’m solo again that I’ll skip it… aka not done one this week as ‘I’m on holiday!’ But I’ve still ran!
18 Jul
11:18pm, 18 Jul 2024
12,226 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
For my 3 runs I used to do a Sunday long run, an interval session and a tempo run during the week. If I did any other runs they were easy/recovery. This worked very well until I hit the marathon training plan I was working towards.
19 Jul
9:09am, 19 Jul 2024
7,030 posts
  •  
steve45
A half in the heat gg! Well completed and a virtual mile as well. So ..did intervals actually work for you? I read some research ages ago about how they can...and how they can't.
Annoying to miss five weeks earlier in the year falcarius but you're making up the lost miles well.

Sensible 7k hs . Park run tomorrow? I did put on this thread too that my meds were being increased.
Long runs FF and Donnie1. Really good to be able to do those so frequently, when I was ok there would be a medium (club run) at pace in the middle of the week and a decent long run on Sunday. The others were varied, those were the days . Churning out double figure miles like you do FF serves you well though.
3.3 miles in fabulous sunshine this morning. A plod with plenty of walks was good enough as I wait for a miracle morning 😂.
19 Jul
10:36am, 19 Jul 2024
15,504 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Donnie 1, it's good that you run for enjoyment and fitness. We all run for different reasons, but the important thing is that we still do it, albeit much slower as the years wizz by.

Well done for your two 5 milers, and ytd mileage.

GG, I hope that you don't abandon your structured training, but it's not for everyone. I do detect though that you like a challenge, and will formulate your own training schedules.

FF, you do really well with your 3 runs a week, which obviously works well for you. I used to run 6 days a week, clocking up 55 to 60 miles. I now run 5 days pw clocking up 25 to 30 miles.

Steve, thanks, I am more sensible in my old age. Yes,it's parkrun tomorrow, and the 4 lap hilly course.

Well done for this mornings 3.3 miles in the sunshine 🌞

This morning was the usual Friday Farmers Walk which I class as cross training.
19 Jul
11:14am, 19 Jul 2024
3,944 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Well done on your runs everyone.

Enjoy your first Scottish parkrun LL and the open. One of the ladies from club is doing Largs prom tomorrow, she is also at the open.

Well done on completing the challenge GG and Ellie is a cutie.

👋 Falcarius, nice to see back.

Hope the medication works for you Steve. Good to see your doctors are looking after you. I'm glad you can still get out and run, even with walk breaks it's still beneficial for you.

I was out early yesterday, I met one of the usual early group and we headed out to the forest. It was a little rainy but enjoyable even with a rubbish sleep then night before.

The wee man has picked up some sort of sickness bug, so another rubbish sleep last night - also hoping I haven't picked it up, if it is a bug. We do think it might be something he ate at nursery yesterday but can't be certain.
19 Jul
11:16am, 19 Jul 2024
4,247 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Im hovering on the line. A little run around the streets of Glasgow after a long day at Royal Troon yesterday. Next week I have a week at home so need to get my finger out. Steve hope the increased meds help. Sorry peeps need to read back. Have a great weekend all.
19 Jul
12:22pm, 19 Jul 2024
23,329 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Oh no Lesley hope he’s soon ok and you avoid it.

Enjoy your Scottish trip Loo

3 very (very) hot miles for a farmers run to collect some stuff for tea before sailing back to St Ives. Good couple of hours so canopy off and I’m making most of the rays.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000