•  
hillstrider
Thanks for the photo JackFW.
24 Jul
10:39pm, 24 Jul 2024
210 posts
  •  
falcarius
Monday, I had a little go at the Fetch Virtual Mile Malarkey and did 6:58. In theory I should be able to do 6:30-ish based on my current 5k times.

Thanks @geordiegirl

@MrHSc Well done for getting to 800 miles
@Lesley C @Looby Loo @hillstrider well done on your parkruns
@MrM2 Sorry to hear- I hope things settle down soon
@JackFW It is great that you saw the two dolphins
25 Jul
12:49am, 25 Jul 2024
12,264 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Well done everyone, some great running and I'm jealous of you seeing dolphins Jack.
I can't believe Steve has actually done some intervals 😉
Well done for your virtual mile falcarius don't forget to post it in the virtual mile thread, it's been a bit quiet in there lately.
25 Jul
8:57am, 25 Jul 2024
7,042 posts
  •  
steve45
Heck FF...they weren't really intervals..proper intervals! I suppose they were "sort of" and it was very testing. Good excuse for a much slower jaunt ( still run/ walk) over 3.5 miles in the drizzle this morning. Great conditions overall for anyone running. There was no wind and the drizzle was light although maybe a bit too warm for some . 17c 🤣.

Good try out on the virtual mile falcarius which I'm sure you'll knock many seconds off next time. Go for it!!
25 Jul
9:03am, 25 Jul 2024
23,462 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
yeah you got the photo, fab to see. We are getting a lot on our coastline at the moment but I've not got over to the coast much to see if I can see them.

I am aiming to do a 30mile run along the coastline next month so I'll have to remember to keep my eyes peeled.

Intervals are intervals if you're going faster for a period of time! And they tested you so well done.

That is a tiny number @Falky Sorry to @Fenland Flier I've give up on virtual mile I seem to be getting slower as a result of my coaching not quicker (& running with my mam and friend who are slower than me and my legs love that pace!) - although my focus was on endurance not speed so maybe to be expected.

Run rest day today but need to squeeze in a weights session at some point.
25 Jul
10:42am, 25 Jul 2024
31 posts
  •  
JackFW
You’re welcome, HS. I’m sure there will be more photos coming in the future.

Fenland Flier, Congrats on the 800 milestone.

Geordie Girl, a 30 mile run along the coast sounds like bliss (and hard work!). Which coast? Let us know how you go with a full report and photos very much welcome.

Steve, congrats on the intervals! I have never done them! They just don’t appeal to me.

Falcarius, nice mile time. I’m sure you could get that down quite a bit based on your times at other distances. I might give the virtual mile a go at some point. At the moment though I’m trying to improve my 5km as my fast run during marathon training.

A day off today. Only exercise being a walk to and from the office and 150 push ups. The plan is to run to work tomorrow.
25 Jul
10:58am, 25 Jul 2024
4,268 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Dolphins how nice I can only report a dead rabbit yesterday 😱
Typically the weather is perfect for running this morning ( well done Steve) as it’s my rest day. Just contemplating a spin on two wheels.

Speedy mile Falcarius.
Good luck with that GG.
25 Jul
12:15pm, 25 Jul 2024
15,552 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done Steve for this mornings 3.5 miles in the drizzle.

GG, good luck with your training for your proposed 30 miles run along the coastline next month. I'm sure that you will take the run "in your stride!" Make the most of today's rest day.

JackFW, I'm looking forward to your future photos.

150 push ups, wow!! I can just about manage 12😕

LL, the weather certainly wasn't perfect for running in my neck of the woods.

I hope that you have an enjoyable spin on 2 wheels later today.

This morning was a solo 12k (7.46 miles) in the forest, in steady rain and strong winds.
25 Jul
1:40pm, 25 Jul 2024
4,269 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
I missed the 150 push ups I can’t do one I’m a right weed.
Well done HS sorry about your weather but I’d take the rain over the sun.

I did get out on my bike for an hour and can report seeing a small deer which crossed the road in front of me.
25 Jul
4:05pm, 25 Jul 2024
15,557 posts
  •  
hillstrider
LL, well done for getting out for an hour on your bike. It hasn't stopped raining here.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000