Who Squares Wins!

3 lurkers | 174 watchers
Jun 2020
11:52pm, 9 Jun 2020
15,979 posts
  •  
Gooner
I've only very recently started to look at my WSW with regards to where to train and had enjoyed a decent run of 3 wins but now have come up against a sparkly new Fetchie who after 2 days has me pretty much beat already. 125 squares in 2 training entries...

One to watch as a future multiplayer contender methinks.
Jun 2020
8:33am, 10 Jun 2020
14 posts
  •  
ftrobbie
Hi guys, I think I'm officially hooked between this and Fetchpoint. I knew it was bad when at midnight of Sunday I reset H8 to get the 5 squares that were out of bounds, Conservation area (1), golf course (3) and middle of a school playing fields (1) to complete gridmaster. It would have been done the previous week but I didnt realise there was a gridmaster as I only saw the 200 square badge (oops). My only real issue is that running is over for the time being as I need some elective surgery on my knee for a complex tear of the miniscus and removal of some floating material in the same space. I'm cleared for biking which is why I ended up on Fetch, I needed some purpose to avoid pointlessly biking around a large conurbation. Therefore, if you can score 9 on more than 9 squares, I am toast!! I can still walk a little bit. Been lurking on here for a while but thought it was time to post. Have fun
Jun 2020
8:38am, 10 Jun 2020
10,358 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Good luck with the surgery frobbie and well done on gridmaster - what a way to leave before a temporary break!

The games are too addictive haha.
Jun 2020
8:42am, 10 Jun 2020
11,991 posts
  •  
NDWDave
ftrobbie - I would rephrase that to score at least 9 in 113 squares which is quite a lot...

If you can gridmaster and cycle regularly you will be right up there. Multiplayer could be trickier as progress relies on heavy scoring in an individual square. Tiamo is a pure cyclist I think and is well up there in the rankings
Jun 2020
8:51am, 10 Jun 2020
15 posts
  •  
ftrobbie
Yep, you're right, I had a brain fart. Usual cycling can get c 100 squares, 7 days a week, the others are a pain to sort and will require 1 centrepoint reset to get a full grid. I can hit about 9 squares by walking. So if you can run your grid daily and can get to half the squares, I'm toast. Thanks for pointing out the brain fart. It made perfect sense when I wrote it, but what I wrote was not what I meant. Oops
Jun 2020
8:53am, 10 Jun 2020
9,485 posts
  •  
ITG 🇮🇸
Hello, ftrobbie.

I am taking a break this week after a tough contest against Daddy Shark that had me dreaming the wsw map. Too much!
Jun 2020
9:25am, 10 Jun 2020
11,745 posts
  •  
Ness
Hi ftrobbie. I’m a novice at the game compared with most people on here but my stats have improved slightly since lockdown. :)

Hope everything goes ok with your knee surgery.
Jun 2020
10:50am, 10 Jun 2020
16 posts
  •  
ftrobbie
Thanks guys, just been out for todays relief from lockdown .Surgery is way off, it's elective so is a minimum 2 months away, as rightly, the local NHS are not taking any undue risks. No running for a long time yet
Jun 2020
12:16pm, 10 Jun 2020
826 posts
  •  
roberton
ftrobbie: welcome to the game. Sounds like you are doing well with the cycling, the running can wait. As NDWDave said, you should be able to beat a lot of us in the single player matches by getting good coverage. Hope you keep enjoying it :-) (and FP, cycling I think works better than running there in fact!)
Jun 2020
4:24pm, 10 Jun 2020
19 posts
  •  
bja61
Ftrobbie - I couldn’t get the hang of FP at all running, I just seemed to get increasingly negative scores so have given up on it and left. I think it may also depend on whether anyone else is active in your area for some of the features. I hope the knee holds up cycling and good luck with the operation when it eventually comes. I’m starting to think that I need a bike too...

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
fetcheveryone.com/wsw.php

Game guide here:
fetcheveryone.com/wsw-guide.php