Quest for the rundle badge

3 watchers
13 Aug
6:55pm, 13 Aug 2024
242 posts
  •  
Cagey
This was my second attempt … I paid much more attention to my mapping … off I went on my trusty xbike so I could be venture on road, unkept roads, bridal ways and closer roads/ roadworks (walking off the bike being a pedestrian) …. Jubilant I’ve just come home … hurrah …. But oh no badge … on further inspection I turned about 3metres too soon for number 8 🙂‍↔️😳🫣… so I missed my number 8 and bagged another glut of nearly all but not quite rundle numbers …. We all need more 7s after the the last go so at least I’ve got one of those … The quest for the rundle badge continues
13 Aug
8:06pm, 13 Aug 2024
6,731 posts
  •  
Mr J
Never get close, how do these runners get 30 attempts.
If I am lucky, I get enough numbers for two guesses before it goes.
Maybe look at the map before venturing out might help I suppose.
13 Aug
8:47pm, 13 Aug 2024
2,793 posts
  •  
Jen HB
I tend to head out and then before uploading move my rundle grid to get some digits.
Also the correct guesses have been helped by others narrowing it down on the rundle thread!
13 Aug
9:51pm, 13 Aug 2024
243 posts
  •  
Cagey
I’ve not come close to the right guess yet … there are two rundle badges to quest for then (of course!) … (1) guessing the number itself and (2) full house collecting all numbers in a single outing … my quest continues!!
13 Aug
10:38pm, 13 Aug 2024
17,427 posts
  •  
chunkywizard
You the website to plot a route taking in all the numbers (there is a Rundle overlay you can use to show the numbers when plotting a route). You can also stop an activity when you get to a number and then start a new activity from the same place nd that will get the number twice (as long as the activity is long enough). Gather a lot of numbers before guessing so you narrow down the number until you get it.
14 Aug
5:27am, 14 Aug 2024
244 posts
  •  
Cagey
@chunkywizard I didn’t even think of the start/ stopping trick! I’d done the map with the overlay and downloaded the route to my Garmin. I just turned around in the road clearly earlier then I should have (by the looks of my executed map about 2 metres short of the blob zone)…. Lesson here is to zoom in more either when I’m drawing or doing! Thanks for the tips!
um
18 Aug
2:48pm, 18 Aug 2024
8,791 posts
  •  
um
Cagey,
As others have said, collecting numbers is the way for the 'solve' badges. If possible set the rundle location and your route to maximise numbers. Remembering the 1km rule. And as Chunky says, you can stop and start multiple times, even withinn a ring, to get it multiple times, as long as each section is >1km (0.63 ish mile to be safe)

Amd then, when you have a fair spread of numbers, leap in when you want. Powers of 2 helps, so it's 20/21 guesses from 1,000,000; 10 guesses from 1,000; 5 guesses from 32. Unless you get lucky.

And watch out for multiples, eg 2 or 3 of the same digit needed per guess. That uses up numbers really quickly.

And that 10-in-a-session badge? Needs a lot of luck to get the right spread, and I'd take a map to make really sure I got each zone.

Good luck !
18 Aug
2:59pm, 18 Aug 2024
19,905 posts
  •  
NDWDave
You should be able get 2-3 minimum from an activity - especially if you align the numbers between finishing your activity and uploading

Accumulating 150 or so would give you 25 guesses which should be enough for a badge…
Would take about a month of daily activity. So the 10 numbers would be about a year - I got mine be after about 18 months

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Cagey
This was my second attempt … I paid much more attention to my mapping … off I went on my trusty xbike so I could be venture on road, unkept roads, bridal ways and closer roads/ roadworks (walking off the bike being a pedestrian) …. Jubilant I’ve just come home … hurrah …. But oh no badge … on further inspection I turned about 3metres too soon for number 8 🙂‍↔️😳🫣… so I missed my number 8 and bagged another glut of nearly all but not quite rundle numbers …. We all ...