•  
NDWDave
*and aren’t selected for the multiplayer
Jun 2020
10:09pm, 9 Jun 2020
11,988 posts
  •  
NDWDave
And for the record, getting into the later rounds of multiplayer will ruin your life
Jun 2020
10:16pm, 9 Jun 2020
14,546 posts
  •  
Ultra Sparkly Bridget (USB)
Robertson - I actually live in K12 so a wee distance from my 'home' point. I am sure it is a coincidence (as my husband always says 'you are the statistician, work it out') but it is quite interesting that so far all my opponents have tended to cover a loop round the bottom right quadrant first.
Jun 2020
10:23pm, 9 Jun 2020
11,989 posts
  •  
NDWDave
I don’t think it is a coincidence USB... I worked out this strategy from the last 32 onwards in WSW to advance. The top left corner was mine until the semi final... Everyone else seemed to go south...
Jun 2020
10:29pm, 9 Jun 2020
5,868 posts
  •  
57.5 Degrees of Pain
If I run with the dog she refuses to go anywhere but southeast. The woods there have the best bathing spots and year round mud puddles.
Jun 2020
10:34pm, 9 Jun 2020
11,990 posts
  •  
NDWDave
Roberton is South West...
Jun 2020
10:44pm, 9 Jun 2020
14,548 posts
  •  
Ultra Sparkly Bridget (USB)
NDW - in that case I shall continue to head north initially while keeping a slice of cake on my doorstep at the very least.
Jun 2020
10:53pm, 9 Jun 2020
822 posts
  •  
roberton
Hehe, indeed Dave. The south west corner of my grid is my favourite 😍 In fact if you want to know more...

I live just south of Warrington. It's a nice area, I've got a canal, patches of wood, some semi-rural areas all in easy reach. But also a lot of housing and more urban bits (but parks too with that). South is generally the more open of course, and the south west corner of my grid also has a reservoir and the kind of lanes that have houses on them but not your semi-detacheds...

East is also great, especially in the summer: bigger woods around a stream, feels a long way from a town, but it only starts in my grid, the rest of it extends well outside. That SW corner is a lovely bit that allows for wiggles and is mostly in the grid. And I can even paddle board into on the canal and that can count :-)
Jun 2020
11:01pm, 9 Jun 2020
823 posts
  •  
roberton
"getting into the later rounds of multiplayer will ruin your life" 😂

I wouldn't say that (for me), but here's a true story from this evening...

I was knocked out in the semi-finals of WSW on Monday, same as NDWDave. This evening I decided to go for a little run. Two observations:

1) it felt like I hadn't been out for a while. Like when quite a few days have passed without me going for a run and I'm asking myself how I feel, do I need to ease myself back into it. It was just under 36 hours since I'd last been running.

2) (this is the bigger one) I was stood outside my house and I didn't know where to go. Honestly couldn't think where to run. For the last two weeks I've had something else telling me, I couldn't cope with the freedom!

In the end I did 3 miles / 5 km in the fading light, a random, not particularly interesting loop that was completely nondescript. It was fine 🤷‍♀️and couldn't think of anything better.
Jun 2020
11:36pm, 9 Jun 2020
19,179 posts
  •  
flanker
Picking the right location for your home square can usually get you through the first couple of rounds of multiplayer without too much of a problem. After that you have to buy a bike, abandon anything else in your life, and run 100s of miles to proceed further ;-)

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
fetcheveryone.com/wsw.php

Game guide here:
fetcheveryone.com/wsw-guide.php