Who Squares Wins!

2 lurkers | 174 watchers
Jun 2020
8:53pm, 9 Jun 2020
13 posts
  •  
Lizzle
Hi everyone, I’m on my fifth week of WSW and I think I might already be getting addicted. I’m 4 from 4 so far but I think this week will be evenly matched. Annoyingly I don’t think I can make the multiplayer even if I win again this week. Also I’ve moved my grid so my house is just outside of it. That should make all of the squares accessible (thought I might try for 200 this week) but thinking it might have been a massive rookie error!
Jun 2020
8:59pm, 9 Jun 2020
820 posts
  •  
roberton
Lizzie, that *is* annoying for you: if you win this week you are going to be really close to making the multiplayer cutoff, but probably with a group of people around the 1060 mark most of whom won’t.

How does it decide when there’s a group who are tied on points?
Jun 2020
9:03pm, 9 Jun 2020
2,569 posts
  •  
Pothunter
With the numbers playing the game now it could be extended to top 256 and have an extra week.
Jun 2020
9:05pm, 9 Jun 2020
11,982 posts
  •  
NDWDave
True. But it is a bit like European football. A reward for doing well in the league...
Jun 2020
9:07pm, 9 Jun 2020
14 posts
  •  
Lizzle
Yeah I guess it makes sense to have to work for it a bit NDWDave. I’ll just have to make sure I make the next one!
Jun 2020
9:07pm, 9 Jun 2020
3,774 posts
  •  
RRR-CAZ 🇬🇧
Hi McGoohan hope the DIY is going to plan. (Page 1593)
I go back on shift tomorrow so mileage will be about 7 a day until Sunday if that helps you.
Jun 2020
9:15pm, 9 Jun 2020
15 posts
  •  
Lizzle
Im sure I’d go out in the first round but I’d like to see how the multiplayer changes the way you play the game.
Jun 2020
9:32pm, 9 Jun 2020
9,479 posts
  •  
ITG 🇮🇸
Lizzie, don't give up. Lots of people take breaks though I might give multiplayer a go this time.
Jun 2020
9:56pm, 9 Jun 2020
453 posts
  •  
Daddy Shark
Roberton, previously where players are tied to qualify for later multiplayer rounds, Fetch has put in extras. All previous round-ones, though, had 128 players (or 127 on one occasion).

I honestly don't know how Fetch resolves ties for round 1. I'm finding it hard to imagine this hasn't been a problem before since there are so many currently tied on 1060 and loads more that'll arrive there soon from either 1048 or 1072. (If there were decimal places stored for our ranking points, that might mostly solve the problem. However, but if you followed the discussion on 3rd June, (about the displayed order of people on the same ranking points not being fixed) that is probably not the case.
Jun 2020
10:08pm, 9 Jun 2020
11,986 posts
  •  
NDWDave
Lizzie - I believe there is also a criteria of having looked at the wsw page within the last x weeks to be in the multiplayer. Some people who just registered and log normal training without looking at WSW will be in the top 128 and are selected for the multiplayer.

If you are interested in the game and play actively, you should get in the multiplayer next time for sure

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
fetcheveryone.com/wsw.php

Game guide here:
fetcheveryone.com/wsw-guide.php