Transgender Athletes

97 watchers
Aug 2019
11:26am, 16 Aug 2019
6,533 posts
  •  
Jovi Runner
Caster Semenya is an intersex athlete with DSD. Even intersex athletes have expressed concern that their genuine issues are now unfairly disadvantaged by them being lumped in with transgender athletes - a completely separate issue. As I understand it intersex athletes do not want to be badged under the transgender issue and have stated as such?
Aug 2019
11:29am, 16 Aug 2019
3,475 posts
  •  
westmoors
Jovi, you say you don't want to discuss Caster as she is not trans. Therefore, my question to you is: as a female athlete, would you be happy to compete against a female such as Caster?
Aug 2019
11:29am, 16 Aug 2019
1,252 posts
  •  
bonners
Looking at the pitch, it just makes me think that all our pitches are becoming samey with modern drainage. Whatever happened to hard bouncy pitches over the first couple of days. I remember going to see the Windies in the 90s and the slips were almost at the boundary 😁
Aug 2019
11:31am, 16 Aug 2019
1,253 posts
  •  
bonners
I have a feeling I posted in the wrong thread... 😁
Aug 2019
11:31am, 16 Aug 2019
6,534 posts
  •  
Jovi Runner
westmoors - I think I have made my feelings known on interesex athletes & DSD in womens sport but that is not the subject of this forum. Why are people not prepared to stay wihtin the discussion topic - far to much "what aboutery" going on.

bonners - wrong thread? LOL
Aug 2019
11:36am, 16 Aug 2019
3,476 posts
  •  
westmoors
Jovi, your argument seems to be about protecting women's sport. Therefore, intersex & DSD is also relevant as these people may have some of the same advantages as transwomen.
Aug 2019
11:40am, 16 Aug 2019
7 posts
  •  
Gee-Rizzle
Jovi you are have repeatedly gone off-topic on this thread.

You have asked why you should have to accept transwomen as women if they have external male genitalia. Completely off-topic.

You have asked about how to define a woman. Again completely off-topic.

The question is whether transwomen who are legally women should be able to compete in the female category of sport.

It appears from your posts, no matter how polite, that you do not accept transwomen as women. That you do not want to accept them in female spaces. And that you do not want them to identify as female. That makes me sad.
Aug 2019
11:41am, 16 Aug 2019
6,535 posts
  •  
Jovi Runner
Westmoores - at the risk of repeating myself this thread is about transgender athletes not intersex athletes. If you want you discuss intersex athletes with DSDs perhaps start an alternative thread to do so as we werr encouraged to do when discussions re transgender athletes overtook the parkrun thread.
Aug 2019
11:43am, 16 Aug 2019
6,536 posts
  •  
Jovi Runner
Geerizzle - If you read back you will see I apologised for going off thread & have since at every occassion someone else has brought up another 'what about' issue i have suggested we return to the topic of this forum hence my post above.
Aug 2019
11:44am, 16 Aug 2019
6,537 posts
  •  
Jovi Runner
Ive no time for trolls.....

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
This thread is prompted by a discussion on the parkrun thread, after the ladies record at a parkrun ...