Transgender Athletes

1 lurker | 97 watchers
Aug 2019
7:08pm, 12 Aug 2019
6,437 posts
  •  
Jovi Runner
I can't understand how she could refuse to have the tests. If she was competing an elite level (which she appears to have been given her request for an elite athlete place at London) isn't it mandatory to agree to being drugs tested as other elite athletes routinely are?
Aug 2019
7:13pm, 12 Aug 2019
42,707 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
It's likely that Ms Jeska's apparently irrational and paranoid reaction to the reasonable request that she should have blood tests (about which she'd have no cause to worry if she'd had her testes removed many years before) was the result of a serious mental illness which was incidental to her transgender status.
Aug 2019
7:14pm, 12 Aug 2019
6,438 posts
  •  
Jovi Runner
ukad.org.uk

Interesting read that tha5 link seems to suggest that anyone competing in a competition is agreeing to be tested by UKAD - I thought it only applied to elite levels?
Aug 2019
7:15pm, 12 Aug 2019
6,439 posts
  •  
Jovi Runner
I agree V'rap I think the mental health issues more likely to be responsible for her paranoia 're being tested.
Aug 2019
7:34pm, 12 Aug 2019
13,605 posts
  •  
Serendippily
Yes the parents felt the mental health episode was triggered by the stress and confusion of having her results retrospectively altered and a verbal promise not acted on and generally not having faith in any fair play. It is a horrific tale
Aug 2019
8:09pm, 12 Aug 2019
15,089 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
Gobi, thanks for correcting my earlier mistake. No sooner had I pressed submit that=n I was thinking I was wrong.

I too would like to thanks others for posting some really helpful insight.
Aug 2019
9:39am, 13 Aug 2019
6,427 posts
  •  
The_Saint
Something has gone very wrong with basic logic here - at the end of the 100M the expressions on the faces of the three girls in the front of the shot says it better than I can.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOQfyIhv9GM
Aug 2019
11:05am, 13 Aug 2019
6,440 posts
  •  
Jovi Runner
Saint - Unfortunately if us ladies express our concern about this we are apparently bigots! My point all along in this debate is I have absolutely no issue with gender confused people transitioning but there is no place (IMO) for those transitioned in female sports categories - as adequately demonstrated in that video Saint!
Aug 2019
11:32am, 13 Aug 2019
2,372 posts
  •  
ThorntonRunner
:(
The large majority of people who have posted on this thread agree that it is unfair for transgender females with the performance advantage of having undergone male puberty to compete for placings and records with those born female.
Aug 2019
11:35am, 13 Aug 2019
42,719 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
I suspect the vast majority of transgender athletes also shudder when the boundaries of acceptance are pushed in this way.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
This thread is prompted by a discussion on the parkrun thread, after the ladies record at a parkrun ...