9:22am, 13 Oct 2024
395 posts
  •  
alehouse
Morning!

Lyrics: xxxxxx xxxxx texture like sun
Lays me down, with my mind she runs
Throughout the night

Yesterday's: Northern Lights, Renaissance.

What: stretch and strengthen

Why: as per physio instruction
13 Oct
9:27am, 13 Oct 2024
71,412 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
Good morning :)

Lyrics: Yes!
(Do we need to pick a new theme? We've had a couple of repetitions now.)

What: Probably 60 minutes of easy running.
Why: I have slight upper respiratory symptoms and a plague-stricken spouse, but no fever and I'm testing negative.
Last hard: 7 days ago.
13 Oct
9:32am, 13 Oct 2024
396 posts
  •  
alehouse
Have we had these before? Couldn't see that we had...but yes, a new theme please. I made a few suggestions recently: transport, places, nature, girls' names, boys' names etc
13 Oct
9:40am, 13 Oct 2024
71,413 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
All good suggestions :)
13 Oct
9:56am, 13 Oct 2024
68,321 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
Solid suggestions

Lyrics: yes

What: steady family run with wife and possibly dog. Possible threat of a solo lawn mow

Last hard: Thursday

Last rest: isn’t that for the wicked?
13 Oct
10:28am, 13 Oct 2024
388 posts
  •  
HazelnutCH
Morning

Wondering if the bridge was safely negotiated yesterday evening..

Sounds sensible @Velociraptor .

Family run sounds nice @Derby Tup . Maybe it will rain and you won't have to mow the lawn?

Have a nice Sunday all.

What: long run - 15m?
Why: not done one this week yet
Last rest: 9.10.24

Lyrics: no
13 Oct
2:41pm, 13 Oct 2024
10,898 posts
  •  
PeterFay

Yesterday just before the storm hit
13 Oct
2:43pm, 13 Oct 2024
2,905 posts
  •  
RooA
Lyrics - nope

What - 6 miles

Why - long run

Last rest - Friday

Last hard - yesterday
13 Oct
2:49pm, 13 Oct 2024
328 posts
  •  
tinebeest
Good afternoon!

I haven't been on the thread much because it was busy and I didn't need more screen time 🙃 (except for checking the aftermath of Milton, which ran right over my fave research library from my previous life. The building should be ok but the entire area is a mess)

Hope you've all been well and able to run/make progress with injury rehab.

Thank you @Welshpoppy for your wishes last ?Tuesday? I've been ok but just hiding from the internet!

What: a whopping 20miles way too slow but heck, it got done
Why: marathon day is getting closer, confidence builder needed
Last hard: definitely that one!
Last rest: if battling your way through an overcrowded Ikea doesn't count as exercise: yesterday

So for those of you waiting with baited breath on how my rebellious ankle is doing, here's the update:

I had a little 5k test jog on Tuesday night and that was ok but not splendid: still towards the end a bit tender in that spot. Cue lots more foam rolling and stretching. Also lots of Tiger balm and Arnica ointment, and Traumeel tablets. Psychosomatic works well for me!

During the run today I could feel my heel/some tendons(?) but not really painful. Last week Sunday it felt much more angry. There are advantages to having run a few miles and knowing your body. This was stuff I could run through/with, so I did. Endorphine rush activated, happy beestie!
13 Oct
2:59pm, 13 Oct 2024
329 posts
  •  
tinebeest
Just looking back a bit and:

@alehouse , 20min is very encouraging!! Woohoo!
@PeterFay : tricky bridge! How did it go? And congrats on the finish!!
@HazelnutCH : enjoy the new goodies!! I LOVE new running kit. (Though I'm also very happy with my new lamp from the Swedish flatpack store so I no longer need to go clothes hunting in the dark)
@ElspethF : well done!! Sounds like the organisation needs to improve water provisions...
@Autumnleaves : how was the race??

About This Thread

Maintained by alehouse
Each day someone sets some song lyrics, often on a particular theme, eg colours, numbers, running, etc. Others then say whether they know the song or not, but DO NOT say what the song is: the answer is revealed the next day.

Current theme: COLOURS

Contributors then say
What their training will be
Why they are doing it

Some also say
Last hard
Last rest

Plus of course general comments about the weather, other people’s training or races…illness or injuries!

Feel free to join us and why not set some lyrics once you get the hang of the thread?

X

Free training & racing tools for runners, cyclists, swimmers & walkers.

Fetcheveryone lets you analyse your training, find races, plot routes, chat in our forum, get advice, play games - and more! Nothing is behind a paywall, and it'll stay that way thanks to our awesome community!
Get Started
Click here to join 113,266 Fetchies!
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here