The virtual mile thread

1 lurker | 51 watchers
Sep 2023
12:36pm, 13 Sep 2023
9,966 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
I must consider doing this myself rather soon because I won't have a chance in the last week.
.B.
Sep 2023
7:24pm, 13 Sep 2023
46,679 posts
  •  
.B.
Well done Steve NR

We are going away somewhere hilly soon for a couple of weeks, will have to try to find a flat bit :)
Sep 2023
7:32pm, 13 Sep 2023
9,970 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
We are going away somewhere hilly soon for a couple of weeks, will have to try to find a flat bit

Just go out and get it done tomorrow .B. then you won't need to look for a flat bit of land.
Sep 2023
7:57pm, 13 Sep 2023
2,338 posts
  •  
AndyS
I'm trying the Big Half on Sunday - maybe a GPS glitch will give me a boost

Just looking back through this month's 1 mi benchmarks, and it turns out that the Big Half actually did include my best non-glitched time so far this month. (Pity about the tunnel just after that mile - the combination of going downhill and being in the shade might have made it a teeny bit quicker...)
Sep 2023
8:00pm, 13 Sep 2023
2,339 posts
  •  
AndyS
Well done Steve NR We are going away somewhere hilly soon for a couple of weeks, will have to try to find a flat bit

I'd be looking for a downhill bit - if gravitational assistance is good enough for Voyager 2, it's good enough for me 😉
Sep 2023
8:22pm, 13 Sep 2023
7,002 posts
  •  
ThorntonRunner
The unofficial downhill mile world record is 3:24 :)
Sep 2023
9:18pm, 13 Sep 2023
3,359 posts
  •  
Steve NordRunner
Thanks, .B. I can't do a decent time on downhills due to a dicky hip :( so I make do with a flat bit near some dockyards usually.
.B.
Sep 2023
9:31pm, 13 Sep 2023
46,680 posts
  •  
.B.
We are going away somewhere hilly soon for a couple of weeks, will have to try to find a flat bit Just go out and get it done tomorrow .B. then you won't need to look for a flat bit of land.

FF I did a tempo run today and in London all day tomorrow with my Mum, so not possible then. Still over half the month, I should be able to fit it in :)
Sep 2023
10:51pm, 13 Sep 2023
13,410 posts
  •  
Sombrero
I got a 7.33 mile during my 5k race tonight :-) - 23.55 which is my fastest time this year.

Trying to work out when to have a crack at the mile, may do it next Wednesday.
Sep 2023
11:32pm, 13 Sep 2023
9,971 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Well done Sombrero, good luck with your mile when you do it.

Good luck with your mile too Steve running around the docks.

About This Thread

Maintained by Fenland Flier
For encouragement and general chat about the virtual mile challenges.

It's not easy pacing a mile race whether it's virtual or real, be it on track, road, grass or trail. Go out too hard initially and struggle towards the end, go out too soft and regret your finish time.

Use this thread to record your jubilation or allow us to commiserate with you.

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.