Shades
Keith - better get your entry in
7 Jul
5:15pm, 7 Jul 2024
171 posts
  •  
Ian5
Been looking at shorter races.
My club organises a 5m in the park in 3 weeks so I might do that,then the COP 5 and 10m is on my Birthday so may do that also,just need to tie them in to my plan for the next 6 weeks.
7 Jul
5:19pm, 7 Jul 2024
69,759 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
@Ian5 I'm a lot norther and [checks map] a little wester than that. Thanks, though, that's another useful option. It wouldn't be the furthest I've travelled for a 10. The other one I've got as an outside option (for I'm currently sitting with 69% WAVA for 10 miles this year, and it's slightly irritating as it's normally a sweet spot racing distance for me) is the 10 miler that runs alongside the Yorkshire Marathon.

@Shades I think there used to be an event of the same distance in Edinburgh but it was called a Kilomathon.
7 Jul
5:32pm, 7 Jul 2024
5,098 posts
  •  
kstuart
Well i have added it to my race list and it's not exactly far from a future one i'll probably be doing too. When i get around to entering races i'll let you know to allow you to update the list. Provisionally there are 2 marathons to come this year.
7 Jul
5:40pm, 7 Jul 2024
172 posts
  •  
Ian5
Vrap-Checking you are wester is often a trick,the old pub quiz question,which is more western Bristol or Edinburgh? Most would shout Bristol but with the UK map it is actually Edinburgh.
7 Jul
5:41pm, 7 Jul 2024
4,143 posts
  •  
Welshpoppy
I like the idea of a cheese race!!
7 Jul
6:52pm, 7 Jul 2024
3,068 posts
  •  
Shades
Vrap - yes, that sounds familiar, just checked and Kilomathon is still going on.

Keith - good you're planning a couple more marathons this year. Does that mean your 100th will be in 2025?

Ian - don't fancy IOM on your birthday then?

WP - another to add to your list, along with the cheese and onion GF pasty. 😋
8 Jul
7:33am, 8 Jul 2024
3,069 posts
  •  
Shades
7 miles this morning. Light drizzle which was pleasant, 98% humidity not so pleasant. 😰
8 Jul
8:18am, 8 Jul 2024
3,687 posts
  •  
Big_G
Shades, I could have written exactly the same as you - same distance, same drizzle, same humidity. I enjoyed it though as the drizzle was at least cooling.

About This Thread

Maintained by Shades
Back in December 2005 I started a thread on Runner's World offering a marathon training plan on 3 runs a week. I had my own running club at the time (Womens Running Network) and I had successfully trialled the training plan when I took a group of girls to Dublin to run their first marathon.

Over the years the thread has evolved into a chat thread, with a bit of training advice, race reports, for predominantly marathon runners.