RW Mature Runners

1 lurker | 12 watchers
21 Jun
3:38pm, 21 Jun 2024
2,645 posts
  •  
WtnMel
I am able to keep a beady eye on my daytime running lights Hillstrider. There's a shop window faces the road I use to drive home and I can always see a reflection of my car in it as I wait to turn right. Back home now but probably heading off again around lunchtime tomorrow. If I have an early start for a fast walk, I may be too knackered for the drive/evening meal with the relatives. So I 'might' go out for a walk a bit later if it cools down a bit (unlikely though!).
21 Jun
10:16pm, 21 Jun 2024
13 posts
  •  
OO61
What a lovely day today. I took a rest from running, but racked up 20,000 steps on various sunny walks. Easy parkrun tomorrow followed by some track races.
Let's hope Aquarius finds a trail of breadcrumbs to this thread 🀞
22 Jun
11:05am, 22 Jun 2024
15,307 posts
  •  
hillstrider
That's handy WtnMel, being able to see a reflection of your daytime running lights in a shop window.

Did you go for a walk later in the day yesterday?

0061, yes it certainly was a lovely day yesterday. I also had a running rest day, just the usual Friday Farmers Walk. You must have done some long walks to log 20,000 steps πŸšΆπŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

I hope this mornings easy pace parkrun went well, and good luck with your track races.

This morning was another running rest day, so I did a brisk walk to the supermarket and back. My average pace was 15.32, identical to WtnMel's recent walk. The best pace was 13.22.

Tomorrow is the Exbury 10k road race. Last year I ran it in 1.02.56, but I think it will be a bit slower this time.
22 Jun
11:00pm, 22 Jun 2024
16 posts
  •  
OO61
Good luck hillstrider hope your 10k goes well. The parkrun was very pleasant and set me up nicely for the track races. Another sunny day here 😎
23 Jun
4:30pm, 23 Jun 2024
15,314 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks 0061, it was very hot this morning, so I was reasonably pleased with my 65.38, a couple of minutes slower than last year.

I'm glad that your parkrun was enjoyable, setting you up for your track races.
24 Jun
11:51am, 24 Jun 2024
First-time poster!!
  •  
Aquarius
Found it!
24 Jun
12:02pm, 24 Jun 2024
2,646 posts
  •  
WtnMel
Aquarius wrote:Found it!

Yay!! /
24 Jun
12:14pm, 24 Jun 2024
2,647 posts
  •  
WtnMel
OO61 - that's a good number of steps you managed on Fri. Hope the parkrun on Sat and track races went well.

Hillstrider - I didn't go for a walk on Fri but have been out twice today (see below). Interesting to hear your pace on your walk was the same as mine :) I see the Exbury 10k went well considering the hot conditions. Nice to have a photo of the occasion - am wondering who that lady is peering out below you ;)

Aquarius - glad to see you've found us.

I went for a pre-breakfast walk this morning - 3.75mls @ 15:46 pace. I've also been out for a 1.6ml walk around Pittville Park with a couple of the coffee & chat ladies at a much more leisurely pace.
24 Jun
12:43pm, 24 Jun 2024
2 posts
  •  
Aquarius
WtnMel Glad I managed to find the thread, thanks for the messages. Sorry to hear about the sore toes after your walking holiday, but presumably they are getting better as you are still getting out for walks. A bit of excitement with the police motor bike, no doubt as you say it would be some politician on their way to drum up votes. Funnily enough on Saturday a police car blocked the road on our way to a trail race at Chopwell Wood, but no politician to blame, just a loose bull on the road.

Great result for your Exbury 10k HS. When you take the weather conditions into account being a couple of minutes slower than last time sounds pretty good to me. (I see you are no slouch at walking either).
Good to see you made it to this thread too 0061.

I'm entered for a 5k this evening, but undecided whether I'll do it as it's rather hot now and the forecast isn't looking good. I always feel ill running in the heat, so I'm going to leave it as late as possible before deciding.
24 Jun
5:18pm, 24 Jun 2024
15,321 posts
  •  
hillstrider
WtnMel, well done for todays two walks. I'm afraid that I have no idea who the lady is in the bottom of the picture.

Welcome to the thread Aquarius, I'm glad that you managed to track us down!

Thanks for your comments re the Exbury 10k race. It was hard going in the heat and humidity.

I hope that you do well in this evenings 5k, if you decide to run it.

I ran 8.89 miles in the forest with Sarah F and Jane this morning. It was probably a bit ambitious, being the day after Exbury, but I think that we got away with it. Sarah H didn't run, as she had a dental appointment. She fell of her bike a couple of days ago, attempting to ride up a kerb. She split her lip, which needed stitches, and chipped a tooth.

About This Thread

Maintained by WtnMel
With the demise of the RW forums, several of us who used to chat on the 'Mature Runners' thread have been made homeless (I posted on it even though I am no longer a runner!). I have created this thread so we can continue chatting and I hope the others will find their way here ..