parkrun thread

19 lurkers | 498 watchers
8:59am
8:59am, 20 Sep 2024
44,847 posts
  •  
Ness
That's interesting. At my parkrun there are a group of ladies who regularly walk. When the RD explained to them about the volunteering roles of tail walker and park walker they were happy to help out with them. Admittedly they generally take less than an hour though.
10:55am
10:55am, 20 Sep 2024
35,179 posts
  •  
LorraineS
I think sometimes there's a temptation to forget the core team are volunteers too, there's a presumption that there will be someone looking after the mailbox on a Friday evening. Well, actually, I've just been at work for the week and I am having some down time. We get folks emailing on a Friday night to do inconsequential things like run report - we don't even have run report on our roster as there's only so many ways that you can say that the run goes along a trail in the trees.
11:02am
11:02am, 20 Sep 2024
28,088 posts
  •  
Dvorak
Talking of trails through trees, @LorraineS, how goes it with the course revision necessitated by the pesky buses?
11:04am
11:04am, 20 Sep 2024
35,183 posts
  •  
LorraineS
cancelled until the 5th October at least , and progress on new path being reviewed regularly, @Dvorak
8:49pm
8:49pm, 20 Sep 2024
365 posts
  •  
bish
Bestwood still desperate for volunteers this evening so I offered my services and hit the jackpot - tail walking!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Hendo
A discussion of all things parkrun.

Here's a wiki giving brief reviews of parkruns up and down the land:

fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=545

parkruns with restart permission: google.com

Note: Hendo is a boy.