parkrun Café

127 watchers
23 Oct
10:40am, 23 Oct 2024
11,481 posts
  •  
Eynsham Red
Five Arches in Radstock, Somerset for me as we’re away for a few days near Chew Valley lake.
23 Oct
10:43am, 23 Oct 2024
11,612 posts
  •  
minardi
Fancy dress for Hallowe'en and our 9th birthday at Boston this weekend.
23 Oct
10:43am, 23 Oct 2024
1,183 posts
  •  
The Mussile
@Eynsham Red Thats a very quick one with a short out and back and then a long one (If I had designed the course I would have done the long out and back first to relieve the furthest marshal earlier), not very wide in places.

As always I would say go to Somerdale instead but we had to cancel due to flooding and might be on our new B course
23 Oct
10:46am, 23 Oct 2024
3,481 posts
  •  
CumbriAndy
Got to go see my mother for lunch on Saturday so we're getting up early and calling in somewhere on the way - either Tawd Valley or Ormskirk depending on weather for the rest of the week and how early we manage to get away.
23 Oct
10:52am, 23 Oct 2024
43,840 posts
  •  
Mrs Jigs (Luverlylegs)
Also will be at Tamworth, wonder if they are doing Halloween fancy dress? I love an excuse to dress up 👻
23 Oct
10:54am, 23 Oct 2024
71,589 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
I shall at least have my Hallowe'en running outfit with me. "Dressing up" would be an overstatement.
23 Oct
10:55am, 23 Oct 2024
28,191 posts
  •  
Dvorak
Probably an away day, which might be determined by whether the east or west is drier. There is something semi-planned ... but my mate is seeing a Springsteen tribute band on Friday and I have a certain scepticism about his actually making parkrun pint pint

Might be a chance to pick up a #10 for my p-index instead.
23 Oct
10:57am, 23 Oct 2024
43,842 posts
  •  
Mrs Jigs (Luverlylegs)
Just checked and fancy dress is encouraged 👻
23 Oct
11:01am, 23 Oct 2024
71,590 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
Excellent :)
23 Oct
11:43am, 23 Oct 2024
11,482 posts
  •  
Eynsham Red
Thanks @The Mussile. Yes, when I looked at the course I thought the same about doing the long loop first, but just for psychological reasons 😀

These days I’m walking so there’s a good chance of a walking PB for me as it’s straight and flat 🤞

Somerdale is on my list to do, but currently I don’t have an F!

It’s a shame that your course is flooded. Quite a common occurrence there I understand.

About This Thread

Maintained by Groundhog
Fancy a light-hearted chat about your parkrun stories? First run, favourite parkrun, most beautiful parkrun, hardest course, craziest marshal, parkrun tourist on tour (i.e. how to get to Poland), parkrun family photos? Post them here.

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.