•  
dobbers
At Pont Y Bala tomorrow
19 Oct
7:03am, 19 Oct 2024
4,401 posts
  •  
Goofee
Change of plan, don't fancy getting soaking wet in Romford and then going on to football - I'll jog round a soggy Prospect instead!
19 Oct
12:29pm, 19 Oct 2024
27,573 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
I was timekeeping today. On arrival the RD asked me if I was running first and I pointed out I wouldn’t be back in time for that - cue much hilarity from the volunteers with the thought of fast runners told to keep behind the timekeeper

When they were started there were a number of children on bikes amongst the crowd and the RD had to chase after them to point out it’s not allowed.

There were two bikes crossed the finish line, one headed to the funnel, one stopped and turned back across the line to her dad. I didn’t give either a time but the other timekeeper did

The RD spoke to the parent of the second child at the finish and he seemed to be going to argue, had I not been timing I would have pointed out the issue his daughter was causing with timing and placing

Oddly today there was one more token handed out than I timed. My fellow timekeeper was two more, but those were the kids on bikes.
19 Oct
1:28pm, 19 Oct 2024
11,463 posts
  •  
Eynsham Red
parkcycle!
19 Oct
1:33pm, 19 Oct 2024
34,578 posts
  •  
HellsBells
Everything went very smoothly for us this morning, just as well as we had visitors with the surnames Sinton-Hewitt………
19 Oct
2:41pm, 19 Oct 2024
3,474 posts
  •  
CumbriAndy
Great morning for our tenth anniversary at Fell Foot this morning - nearly 280 runners, a record number of volunteers and a mountain of cake in the autumn sunshine.

And we collected over a week's worth of stock for the local foodbank :)
19 Oct
2:52pm, 19 Oct 2024
70,460 posts
  •  
LindsD
Nice work
19 Oct
3:27pm, 19 Oct 2024
6,462 posts
  •  
RRR-CAZ 🇬🇧
Excellent @CumbriAndy
19 Oct
4:22pm, 19 Oct 2024
3,475 posts
  •  
CumbriAndy
Thank you both :)
19 Oct
4:40pm, 19 Oct 2024
7,944 posts
  •  
Mr J
Nice work @CumbriAndy

Great to hear about the foodbank contribution, community at its best.

About This Thread

Maintained by Groundhog
Fancy a light-hearted chat about your parkrun stories? First run, favourite parkrun, most beautiful parkrun, hardest course, craziest marshal, parkrun tourist on tour (i.e. how to get to Poland), parkrun family photos? Post them here.

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.