parkrun Café

125 watchers
6 Oct
1:11pm, 6 Oct 2024
35,200 posts
  •  
LorraineS
quimby wrote:Love the big foam hand @LorraineS 😀

Thanks, I got it as I often help at junior parkrun. When I was pointing direction I was finding that the kids were wanting to high five, and I was leaving with my fingers tingling from the number of times I was hit. So I got the hand, it encourages the bairns to run to the marshal point for the high five and it protects my hand. It's the first time I've used it at an adult event
6 Oct
1:27pm, 6 Oct 2024
7,683 posts
  •  
Metro_Nome
I love having a big foam hand at junior parkrun
7 Oct
1:24pm, 7 Oct 2024
6,505 posts
  •  
Ally-C
Big_G wrote:I really enjoyed Holyrood today; it’s now up there as one of my favourites. It’s uphill in the first mile but 2nd and 3rd miles are fast, with really nice views if you’re able to take them in!

Mine too. Off to Fountains Abbey this weekend to see what all the fuss is about 😀
7 Oct
6:25pm, 7 Oct 2024
4,366 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
@Ally-C I'd be interested in finding out too.
7 Oct
6:38pm, 7 Oct 2024
2,411 posts
  •  
One Thousand Odd Spiders
It's a nice run! Not aware of the fuss
7 Oct
6:48pm, 7 Oct 2024
22,070 posts
  •  
Cerrertonia
It's a parkrun in a UNESCO world heritage site - that's worth a little bit of fuss surely? (Even though you don't really get to see a lot of it during the run).
7 Oct
6:56pm, 7 Oct 2024
1,198 posts
  •  
Weath
It wouldn't feature anywhere in my top 10.
7 Oct
8:46pm, 7 Oct 2024
9,466 posts
  •  
IdristheDragon
Fountains Abbey is one of my all time favourite places (have also done the parkrun there a few times)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Groundhog
Fancy a light-hearted chat about your parkrun stories? First run, favourite parkrun, most beautiful parkrun, hardest course, craziest marshal, parkrun tourist on tour (i.e. how to get to Poland), parkrun family photos? Post them here.

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.