parkrun Café

1 lurker | 125 watchers
3 Oct
6:45pm, 3 Oct 2024
6,487 posts
  •  
Windsor Wool
Mhd is horrible! Black Park highly recommended if that’s in your route though.

Not dissing DP of course @chunkywizard!!
3 Oct
6:54pm, 3 Oct 2024
4,928 posts
  •  
StuH
Horrible? How so?

I guess Black Park might work if I went M25 rather than A404. Although DP has long been on my to do list.
3 Oct
7:58pm, 3 Oct 2024
17,584 posts
  •  
chunkywizard
I’m RD at Dinton this week, come and say hello!
4 Oct
2:35pm, 4 Oct 2024
35,193 posts
  •  
LorraineS
Oriam is back tomorrow - there are 12 of us marshalling the revised course (7 more than was usual for the old course)
4 Oct
2:37pm, 4 Oct 2024
6,487 posts
  •  
Ally-C
LorraineS wrote:Oriam is back tomorrow - there are 12 of us marshalling the revised course (7 more than was usual for the old course)

Back though 👍🏻
4 Oct
2:39pm, 4 Oct 2024
27,469 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
Good news. How had the course changed?
4 Oct
2:40pm, 4 Oct 2024
35,194 posts
  •  
LorraineS
we're hoping that once the regulars know the new course we will be able to use cones for some of the turning points ... or filling the roster could become a VCs nightmare
4 Oct
2:42pm, 4 Oct 2024
7,675 posts
  •  
Metro_Nome
Is it a permanent change? I’m sure you’ve said but I can’t remember- I’m guessing it is unless the busses change again
4 Oct
2:49pm, 4 Oct 2024
35,195 posts
  •  
LorraineS
Bazoaxe wrote:Good news. How had the course changed?

Where the course previously crossed at the cottage there's a road that wasn't used for vehicular traffic at the weekend - a month back they started running a bus route through there. So we can't cross that road anymore.
Now when you get to that road you'll run along the pavement for a bit until you get to the turning point. Then on the way back after you've turned left off the pavement and gone up the brae you'll go in to your left - this is where a new bit of trail has been laid and you'll do a bit in there before coming back on to the main trail again - continue on the trail and then as you get towards the back of the pitches you'll go in to your left again and do an out and back, before coming back to the main trail again and finishing as normal.
4 Oct
2:50pm, 4 Oct 2024
35,196 posts
  •  
LorraineS
Metro_Nome wrote:Is it a permanent change? I’m sure you’ve said but I can’t remember- I’m guessing it is unless the busses change again

It may be - depends on the busses

About This Thread

Maintained by Groundhog
Fancy a light-hearted chat about your parkrun stories? First run, favourite parkrun, most beautiful parkrun, hardest course, craziest marshal, parkrun tourist on tour (i.e. how to get to Poland), parkrun family photos? Post them here.

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.