•  
Flatlander
RRR-CAZ šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§ You were lucky!
Dec 2023
5:44pm, 22 Dec 2023
4,214 posts
  •  
Pou Pou LePhoƵk
Never broken a bone. Two hospital inpatient visits, one for wisdom teeth, one for a mysterious rash.
Looking forwards to being 60, getting free prescriptions, discovering a host of hitherto undiagnosed ailments, and getting free meds for them.
Dec 2023
5:48pm, 22 Dec 2023
4,215 posts
  •  
Pou Pou LePhoƵk
Vaguely surprised, really, as I've fallen off/out/over various things (including bicycles, motorbikes, steps, chairs, mountains, canoes, trees, horses, sheds, ladders, dogs, kerbs, beds and socks).
Dec 2023
5:55pm, 22 Dec 2023
22,919 posts
  •  
I saw 3Ms come sailing in
Tonsillectomy pre-school years - I can just aboutremember the hospital beds
Dec 2023
5:56pm, 22 Dec 2023
11,920 posts
  •  
Fragile Do Not Bend
The only things Iā€™m missing are all four wisdom teeth and a very small benign lump from my neck. I currently have nothing artificial (not even fillings) but it wonā€™t be long before I end up with replacement lenses.
Dec 2023
6:00pm, 22 Dec 2023
4,464 posts
  •  
jabberknitmas
I'm impressed we've all survived!

As a teenager I had 5 teeth out as part of straightening my pearlies out - they were all over the place due to huge teeth from one side of the family and a pathetically tiny jaw from the other. It meant there was plenty of room for my wisdom teeth, so I still have those. I must be wise.

I'm also missing my gall bladder, keyholed out in 2006 as it was going into business as a gravel pit and sending out agonisingly painful little stone samples to get stuck in other parts of my body. They gave me a little plastic bottle full of the offending gravel after the op.
Dec 2023
6:11pm, 22 Dec 2023
22,920 posts
  •  
I saw 3Ms come sailing in
Grr... pressed return by mistake!

Aged 8, playing at making arrow heads from old roof slates by throwing them at abandoned cars on a bit of wasteland, resulting in my brother missing my left eye by about 2mm, and a very bloody trip to A&E and butterfly stitches (and a ban on playing there again! ).

Over the handlebars of my new bike aged 9 or 10, resulting in damage to front left top teeth, which in turn led.to multiple abcesses and me looking like Pug from the Bash St Kids for a while, followed by root canal surgery in hospital a couple of years later, and 50ish years later, dental implants!

Broken right arm in PE at school as a teenager- a pressure fracture from landing straight armed after a leap-frog. I always said PE was bad for you!

Chicken pox during my mock O levels, aged 15, started a minor outbreak across the 5th Form!

Free from injury until my adult years - commuter cycling on ice times two.
Dec 2023
6:32pm, 22 Dec 2023
63,022 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
Suvived cancer plus this year had cataract operations in both eyes. Other than those bits nothing else
Dec 2023
6:33pm, 22 Dec 2023
50,009 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
ā¤ļø the first thing DT keep up the great work
Dec 2023
6:44pm, 22 Dec 2023
10,087 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
No fractures although I had a huge black eye when I was seven and there were questions as to whether part of my facial skull had been chipped.

A few teeth needed extracting although I do have a full set bar one (a crown). Cancer resulted in me losing my prostate two years ago.

About This Thread

Maintained by Sweaty Frank
Here are the Over 50s League Tables

fetcheveryone.com/league?year=2021&age=50

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.