•  
Derby Tup
Well done Phil
Dec 2023
8:06pm, 22 Dec 2023
30,718 posts
  •  
Rosehip
Scar on forehead from falling downstairs aged two and hitting front door at 5he bottom
left wrist and right ulna in two separate playground incidents - both times treated with damp blue paper and carrying on with lessons -

Broken most of my toes - only had 1 confirmed by x-ray

Dislocated thumb coliding with a goal post
Several black eyes from playing lacrosse

Fell of motorbike once two otfen and made a mess of left knee

Today - stood on small sofa chair thing which swivels to put decs on tree and promptly fell off backwards and cracked head on hearth

(Both boys were home and they fist aided me nicely) didn’t notice how I landed but now have huge bruise on hip and thigh)
Dec 2023
8:13pm, 22 Dec 2023
72,903 posts
  •  
Merry Lip Gloss
Nothing I can think of as a child except for chicken pox at Christmas. Was once taken home in a police car after a bottle was thrown randomly and it got square across the nose ( couple of black eyes later ) .

Minus, tonsils, gall bladder and one wisdom tooth.

Broke my wrist slipping on ice going home from work. Had to drive my car one handed in the snow to get home.
Dec 2023
8:18pm, 22 Dec 2023
9,829 posts
  •  
DoricQuine
Never broken any bones but have two scars.

One on my right eyebrow. I had to visit my GP to get an armful of injections before starting my nursing training. I was standing at the bus stop to come home and the next thing I knew was waking up in the back of an ambulance with blood pouring down my face. I'd passed out and broken my glasses (glass lenses in those days) cutting my eyebrow. I was lucky not to damage my eye.

Second is on the back of my right hand and happened during my nursing training. These were the days of metal bedpans and I had put one into the sluice and pulled the chain firmly to flush it but the handle came off and my hand found a sharp edge to tear itself open!
Dec 2023
9:08pm, 22 Dec 2023
10,445 posts
  •  
Eynsham the Red Knows Rain Dear
I had chickenpox twice. Once when I was in primary school and then a second does about eight years ago. I had spots (which weren’t very itchy) but ended up in a hospital isolation ward whilst I had antivirals because I’m immunosuppressed.
Dec 2023
11:30pm, 22 Dec 2023
10,089 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
I needed two lots of stitches when I was quite young. As a toddler, I fell against my mum's piano which required a couple of them in an eyebrow. A few years' later, I tried a running jump from the path, clearing the threshold step and straight into the house. Instead, I caught the step, tripped and the top of my head split open on the top step.
Dec 2023
11:36pm, 22 Dec 2023
116,473 posts
  •  
Hanneke
I had not one but two near death experiences as a kid. One when I developed pneumonia because I was made to go to school with a raging fever and chest infection. It wasn't until I started ceasing from the high fever that my mother realised she'd possibly been a bit too hard this time...
Another was from food poisoning.
Both times, I rose out of my body, started floating towards the light, looked back, saw my parents bent over my body and thought: I cannot do this to them...
Dec 2023
11:38pm, 22 Dec 2023
116,474 posts
  •  
Hanneke
I do have a scar on my cheek:
I clambered onto the pedal bin in the kitchen to reach the window ledge to grab my mum's bracelet. I fell and hooked myself onto the hook with the kitchen towels, where my mum found me dangling by my cheek!
Dec 2023
11:39pm, 22 Dec 2023
116,475 posts
  •  
Hanneke
I was a toddler for the above...
Dec 2023
12:02pm, 23 Dec 2023
10,091 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
Wow, those are some testimonies, Hanneke!

I had pneumonia when I was 23. Apart from the usual chest infection stuff, there was a loss of weight, night sweats and delirium. I was furniture walking and generally felt that I had aged fifty years.

About This Thread

Maintained by Sweaty Frank
Here are the Over 50s League Tables

fetcheveryone.com/league?year=2021&age=50

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.