Over 50's club

322 watchers
Jul 2019
11:39am, 18 Jul 2019
26,949 posts
  •  
macca 53
Me too (I usually remember when the sun is actually shining though 🙈🙈)
Jul 2019
11:44am, 18 Jul 2019
32,938 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
puzzler exactly yes. Theyre giant fish oily looking capsules but no idea if real or cooking oil
Jul 2019
12:38pm, 18 Jul 2019
10,750 posts
  •  
Garfield
Very interesting NE! I take Vit D regularly.
Jul 2019
12:49pm, 18 Jul 2019
2,926 posts
  •  
jabberknit
Do we know if turmeric is any good for ageing joints? I'd love to be able to open jars and bottles, turn keys, and especially do some knitting without my thumb joints giving me pain.

I'd also love to be able to sleep properly. I get annoyed at all the advice that we should get more sleep and want to shout at the source that I'd love to sleep more, but how? I've tried the things like no coffee/no screen-staring/dark room/etc, but can't remember the last time I slept right through without taking ages to get to sleep and then waking up at least a couple of times. Am I just doomed to this as part of the ageing process?
Jul 2019
1:22pm, 18 Jul 2019
113,379 posts
  •  
GregP
Hiya. First of all, a cut'n'paste:
----
Apologies to the O50 triathletes that are going to get this twice - but signed off by the Fizzy-O this morning. RRRRRRAAAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH
---
Jul 2019
1:25pm, 18 Jul 2019
113,380 posts
  •  
GregP
Right. MrsP has been advised to take Vit D by the GP who signed her off as 'fit again' after her bone-density related woes.

Co-incidentally when I was first having tennis elbow woes (see above) my coach advised tumeric and green-lipped muscle supplements.

I mentioned this to my physio this morning. I expected him to giggle, but he nodded sagely and said it sounded like reasonable advice. I was rather shocked by that.
Jul 2019
1:25pm, 18 Jul 2019
4,551 posts
  •  
DoricQuine
jabberknit that could have ben me writing that post!!! :)
I was having increasing difficulty getting in and out of my house till I got one of these amazon.co.uk

*waits to hear verdict on turmeric as it is the one supplement that I have found beneficial*
Jul 2019
1:28pm, 18 Jul 2019
27,280 posts
  •  
LazyDaisy
Very good news on being given the good Fizzy news Greg!

Any supplements out there which will settle down aggravated nerves? I'm getting fed up with having to manage my neuroma by restricting distance and/or speed. The orthotics may have helped but not enough for my liking.
Jul 2019
1:42pm, 18 Jul 2019
5,243 posts
  •  
Northern Exile
There is some strong evidence that turmeric as a supplement can reduce inflammation, lots of studies if you care to google. Apparently its potency is dramatically increased if you take it with black pepper! (?)

A lot of the american websites advocate astaxanthin as the greatest anti-inflammatory ever, however it doesn't seem to have taken off over here. SiS briefly marketed a product that contained it, however it's no longer available. I tried it for a while to see if it would help with my inflammatory arthritis, it didn't.
Jul 2019
1:44pm, 18 Jul 2019
28,603 posts
  •  
LindsD
Great news, Grep

About This Thread

Maintained by Sweaty Frank
Here are the Over 50s League Tables

fetcheveryone.com/league?year=2021&age=50

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.