NEW - 2024 Adriene's 30 Day Yoga Journey

54 watchers
Jan 2023
6:46am, 26 Jan 2023
4,607 posts
  •  
jelly
Day 7 done last night while mr jelly took the dog out!
Jan 2023
7:28am, 26 Jan 2023
261 posts
  •  
Pam runs
Day 25 done.

Didn't really see the point of this one.

Only a couple of stretches, the rest seemed to be releasing tension which I either don't have or don't understand. I just seem to be laid on the floor.
Jan 2023
7:34am, 26 Jan 2023
15,015 posts
  •  
Yorkshire Pie
I'm doing it when I get off the turbo trainer so lying down sounds good to me!
Jan 2023
7:38am, 26 Jan 2023
3,375 posts
  •  
panad
Day 25 done ✅

Amor

Similar feeling to Pam here - not sure what the point was, about half of it your lying on your back (so if you like or are after) a mediative evening pre-bed session this’d probably be perfect!. A few stretches that were different variations on traditional poses and ok. The only real redeeming factor for me was a bit more pigeon, but that wasn’t enough to make me want to do it again. Overall I think for me if I’m doing yoga I want more movement/stretching/something! - for example i’m more than happy with a slow stretchy yin session, it doesn’t need to be a very active flow or anything, but I’m not doing it for mediative breathing/relaxation.
Jan 2023
7:43am, 26 Jan 2023
3,818 posts
  •  
Irontubs
I'm a wee bit behind, fell on some ice at the weekend and wasn't sure I would be able to kneel on it, but got back to it yesterday with Day 15 & 16 and then 17&18 this morning.

Knee is okay with some caution where the pressure goes
JEB
Jan 2023
12:34pm, 26 Jan 2023
1,882 posts
  •  
JEB
Hope you're ok Irontubs!

I'm 3 days behind now, but have managed far more than ever before so see that as a win. Still holding on to the chance of catching up by the end of the month as I'm really enjoying it.
Jan 2023
3:11pm, 26 Jan 2023
23,283 posts
  •  
Meglet
Catch up started with day 17. Tbh found it quite boring. (Eagle arms and circling). I much prefer a flowing yoga.
Jan 2023
4:06pm, 26 Jan 2023
15,016 posts
  •  
Yorkshire Pie
I think it's quite useful that there are different styles of sessions - maybe more so for beginners - as it gives a chance to work out what you do and don't like. And at least they're only short so even the sessions you don't enjoy as much are over fairly quickly.
Jan 2023
4:47pm, 26 Jan 2023
2,704 posts
  •  
Flatlander
I quite agree with YP.

Adriene has to cater for a wide range of participants, from beginners to intermediate, plus she is not physically there with you to correct you, so she has to keep it fairly basic and simple so that she can be followed. In addition, I can't imagine that she would ever get us to do any advanced poses, especially the upside down ones like headstand, shoulder stand, handstand etc. for safety reasons.
Jan 2023
6:04pm, 26 Jan 2023
3,377 posts
  •  
panad
I agree totally - my comments are more me just noticing my preferences, which I know I have only developed by doing a range of videos, in particular the wide variety during the January programmes 😁

About This Thread

Maintained by Bintmcskint
Who's in?

Adriene's 2024 30 day "yoga journey" is called Flow
Join us for the very best start to your yoga year :-)

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.