NEW - 2024 Adriene's 30 Day Yoga Journey

54 watchers
Jan 2023
8:34pm, 7 Jan 2023
3,216 posts
  •  
Cheeky’s Dad
Showed up again and did day 2. Enjoyed it again and it made a tiny bit more sense. Seemed to go very quickly today.
Jan 2023
9:49pm, 7 Jan 2023
38,856 posts
  •  
halfpint
Day 6 done. Woeful! Trying not to be too hard on myself. I was just getting back to building fitness and strength again after broken rib hiatus and then covid hit over Christmas. I now have a baseline to build from :)
Jan 2023
9:59pm, 7 Jan 2023
54,567 posts
  •  
DrPhleecingD
Found today's one ok actually. I did zoom yoga this morning and have to say I do prefer that!
Jan 2023
11:08pm, 7 Jan 2023
7,884 posts
  •  
Corrah
My abs hurt. Day 5 now done and felt day 6 whilst doing some of the moves. I may not be able to get out of bed tomorrow!
Jan 2023
7:50am, 8 Jan 2023
2,911 posts
  •  
PenW
Don’t be hard on yourself HP!

I did day 6 yesterday and took several breaks and mostly did the easy adaptations because I needed them. I’ve always struggled with that kind of thing and I haven’t done core stuff for ages. I kept remembering what I was told in pilates - there is no point in going beyond what your body can manage because it will just adapt by recruiting the wrong muscles and that was certainly true for me (my back, neck and shoulders become over active).

I don’t have sore abs today but then I rarely do. I do have a sore shoulder for some reason (perhaps from getting too involved in the core workout yesterday) so will take a break today as don’t think I can manage a plank or down dog.
Jan 2023
8:03am, 8 Jan 2023
226 posts
  •  
Pam runs
Day 7 done. I enjoyed this one, gentle flow between moves. Not too difficult but enough so you don't get bored.

Pillow and blanket tomorrow so maybe we get 25Min extra nap. 🤔💤
Jan 2023
8:09am, 8 Jan 2023
2,912 posts
  •  
PenW
Ooh I like the pillow and blanket ones!
Jan 2023
8:23am, 8 Jan 2023
14,962 posts
  •  
Yorkshire Pie
Day 7 done. I didn't think my abs were too sore from yesterday when I woke up, but I could definitely feel them on some of the moves today. Back to lots of planks etc...
Jan 2023
9:33am, 8 Jan 2023
11,832 posts
  •  
Joopsy
Day 6 done this morning, Christ on a bike that was tough for me, I have zero core strength and really struggled on some of them.

I think I will go back to that session a few times in the future to gauge my progress.

I’m just happy that I’m still showing up for them.
Jan 2023
9:40am, 8 Jan 2023
3,334 posts
  •  
panad
Day 7 done ✅

Nice gentle vinyasa/sun salutation-y flow today. I really enjoyed it - though suspect for beginners it might be quite hard, as it didn't seem like she was explaining much and there were some ‘new’ poses as well. Another session with next to no waffle 😁 (either that or I’m tuning out of it, either way a win 😉)

About This Thread

Maintained by Bintmcskint
Who's in?

Adriene's 2024 30 day "yoga journey" is called Flow
Join us for the very best start to your yoga year :-)

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.