Knitting, crocheting and general craftery

14 lurkers | 169 watchers
Jun 2020
10:50pm, 19 Jun 2020
23,286 posts
  •  
Lizzie W
I looked into it, as I'm definitely not a standard shape atm (apart from "barrel", "beached whale" or "are you sure you're not pregnant") to help fit things, but I can't bear it. I might have to buy some clothes to avoid the need to measure...
Jun 2020
6:13pm, 21 Jun 2020
1,754 posts
  •  
runnyeyes

Nice little project for a wet morning ... but it took me longer than that. Sewing the bag was quick but making and turning and threading the fabric pulls was sloooow. I think Sewing Bee contestants would have done that pleated Marilyn Monroe in the same time.

But I am very pleased with my little plimsoll bag.
Jun 2020
7:51pm, 21 Jun 2020
30,198 posts
  •  
Mrs Jigs (Luverlylegs)
I love the fabric runnyeyes :-) bag looks good.
Jun 2020
8:50pm, 21 Jun 2020
21,100 posts
  •  
Meglet
Love that, well done.

I’ve made a wrap skirt today. Also wondering how Sewing Bee contestants manage to complete items in the time they have!
Gus
Jun 2020
11:43am, 22 Jun 2020
1,689 posts
  •  
Gus
Finally finished Gnasher (pyjama case cos I ran out of stuffing)
Jun 2020
4:12pm, 22 Jun 2020
1,755 posts
  •  
runnyeyes
Haha..I just love that. Gnasher is just the best.
Jun 2020
6:08pm, 23 Jun 2020
2,475 posts
  •  
Drell
A couple of days off and I managed to finish two projects, here seen together (not how I intend to wear them in general!).

The jacket has taken some weeks. The first garment I've made for around 15 years. And the first time ever setting sleeves.

The shorts happened over 2 days. Really nailed both topstitching and understitching, plus a buttonhole (with the help of a whizzy new machine).
Jun 2020
6:16pm, 23 Jun 2020
6,605 posts
  •  
sallykate
Lovely work Drell - that jacket looks perfectly symmetrical (which is really tough to do when sewing, I find!)
Jun 2020
3:45pm, 24 Jun 2020
6,613 posts
  •  
sallykate
I think I've decided on the Janome HD2200 janome.co.uk for a new sewing machine. It's more than I originally thought to spend but I should get a small tax rebate which I'll use towards it. Our local sewing machine shop will be selling it from July 6th; I'll go there on Saturday, take my old one to see if anything can be done with the balance wheel and if not then that's decided. They might even give me a bit for part exchange.
Jun 2020
7:06pm, 24 Jun 2020
1,756 posts
  •  
runnyeyes
Exciting sallykate 😀

About This Thread

Maintained by Helegant
***NEWSFLASH***

Possible tour of the Strictly costume workshops?

Details here: dsi-london.com

The regular "Behind the Seams" tour starts with champagne, lasts about 2 hours and includes lots of crystals and swishy dresses.

DSI London headquarters

The Courtyard

131 Aurelia Road

Croydon

CR0 3BF

If anyone wants to organise a group booking then hand up now please. Groups are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday at 11am or 2pm.

Otherwise we could make individual bookings at £29 each (2pm Saturday or Tuesday)

A thread for those of us who like making 'stuff'.

Recommended yarn/craft shops: http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=456

Lists of books/patterns http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=460

Fabric shops - bricks or on-line. fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=556

Article about sewing machines: fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=557