Knitting, crocheting and general craftery

169 watchers
Aug 2011
6:51pm, 29 Aug 2011
7,901 posts
  •  
oceanspirit
It did take a good few days and hours of sewing all the of the squares together and making sure the edges of the squares matched up.

My mom did all the patches. She wasn't all that happy that I'd brought a few more with me to add on. Then to do the quilting bit she just let her sewing machine take care of that. SHe has a nice machine that will do it all for you as long as you know the pattern. Or you can download the pattern to the sewing machine and then it can do it. .

I'm currently looking for a quilting hoop to finish another quilt I brought back with me that has 8 cross-stitched lighthouses in the quilt.
Aug 2011
7:36pm, 29 Aug 2011
5,749 posts
  •  
runner duck
that's a clever machine, os. quilt is great! lighthouses sounds lovely - have you already cross-stitched the lighthouses?

she uses charts, lorraine. she generally buys the kit first, then when she's going to do another one buys the stuff herself.

i've just made a note of my stash (which is actually relatively modest :)). now i'm going to go through my books/magazines/online and line up what i'm going to make with it. hopefully i can cover a few christmas presents without spending any more money :)
Aug 2011
7:50pm, 29 Aug 2011
32,451 posts
  •  
mad4purple
Hey folks, I made a group.

If you don't like the name of the group then let me know because I can change it. Also if you want anything specific in the group description again let me know.

Enjoying this thread, looking forward to showing off the blanket I'm in the middle of. :) Some lovely stuff been and being made :)
Aug 2011
8:18pm, 29 Aug 2011
5,751 posts
  •  
runner duck
oooh good idea, m4p :)

struggling to settle to decisions for christmas presents. need to make lists rather than go round and round in circles...
Aug 2011
8:25pm, 29 Aug 2011
693 posts
  •  
spinkle
Nice work M4P!

Any mileage (pardon the pun) in setting up a Rav group too?
Aug 2011
8:36pm, 29 Aug 2011
7,932 posts
  •  
Girlie
Sounds a good idea to me Spinkle- most of us are on Ravelry anyway and it might make sharing patterns and seeign projects etc easier?
Aug 2011
8:50pm, 29 Aug 2011
5,753 posts
  •  
runner duck
oooh yes, i've just been making people friends on ravelry but not sure i got everyone so a group would be good :)

beginning to get ideas now. cowls seem a good idea for 20-something rellies. plus some bunny nuggets - they're hilarious! well, i like them anyway :)
Aug 2011
8:55pm, 29 Aug 2011
9,117 posts
  •  
HellsBells
i'm BellsofStMarys on Ravelry, but haven't put anything on there
Aug 2011
9:05pm, 29 Aug 2011
8,035 posts
  •  
Meglet
I've been enjoying reading about all your little projects and wondering where you find the time!

I used to do some cross-stitch and I've done other stuff too, including a self-taught log-cabin style cushion cover, but not much since I had kids. I've had fabric to make curtains for mini2's bedroom for over a year and they're still not made!

I have remembered a really useful quick project for gifts, a soft patchwork ball for a baby-toy. Uses 12 (I think) pentagons and as you sew them together the ball shape is made, it's just tricky stuffing and doing the last seam. Might have to revisit that for my niece/nephew due later this month :)
Aug 2011
9:09pm, 29 Aug 2011
32,453 posts
  •  
mad4purple
Ravelry group now there too. :)

About This Thread

Maintained by Helegant
***NEWSFLASH***

Possible tour of the Strictly costume workshops?

Details here: dsi-london.com

The regular "Behind the Seams" tour starts with champagne, lasts about 2 hours and includes lots of crystals and swishy dresses.

DSI London headquarters

The Courtyard

131 Aurelia Road

Croydon

CR0 3BF

If anyone wants to organise a group booking then hand up now please. Groups are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday at 11am or 2pm.

Otherwise we could make individual bookings at £29 each (2pm Saturday or Tuesday)

A thread for those of us who like making 'stuff'.

Recommended yarn/craft shops: http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=456

Lists of books/patterns http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=460

Fabric shops - bricks or on-line. fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=556

Article about sewing machines: fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=557