Knitting, crocheting and general craftery

169 watchers
Aug 2011
9:12pm, 29 Aug 2011
694 posts
  •  
spinkle
Oh poop. I set one up too. Fetchies on Ravelry.

Will delete it.
Aug 2011
9:12pm, 29 Aug 2011
17,024 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
You lot have inspired me. I've raked my yarn stash out of its various corners and reorganised it. I seem to have rather a lot of "worthy" wool and wool-mix yarns in "earth tones", and lots of random balls of Sirdar Click DK which will be great for making kids' clothes because it's indestructible (and some balls of the same in chunky, of which the black ones will be a fitted jumper for my Goth daughter and the rest will probably become bags).

And some absoutely beautiful silks and silk-mixes and alpacas, and enough Colinette Banyan to make three winter-weight cotton shawls or baby blankets, and some hand-dyed hanks that are far too nice to use.

And some rubbish!

In the process, I found my button-box, which I've been searching for since about two weeks ago :)
Aug 2011
9:13pm, 29 Aug 2011
25,449 posts
  •  
Toks
All of u are too advanced for me but hope to catch up with you all :-) I am still on my second square of blanket and forgot to bring it with me on holiday, I will have finished it but can't wait to get back to it :-)
Aug 2011
9:16pm, 29 Aug 2011
695 posts
  •  
spinkle
Ignore last post (it's been a long day with the in-laws)

I have set up a group on Ravelry. I've put all the names I know in there. I 'borrowed' the Fetch logo. I hope Lord Fetch doesn't send the heavies round...
Aug 2011
9:19pm, 29 Aug 2011
10,039 posts
  •  
DeeGee
Mrs DeeGee's just finished a knitted cardigan for DeeGee Junior.

He loves it.

I suspect he won't have the same opinion ten years from now...
Aug 2011
9:21pm, 29 Aug 2011
32,454 posts
  •  
mad4purple
Oh I read it wrongly then, was it supposed to be a group on Ravelry? If so I can delete the group for revelry on here. Seems like the best option.
Aug 2011
9:24pm, 29 Aug 2011
32,455 posts
  •  
mad4purple
Can't delete group, but taken the link out to the thread and hopefully I can get Fetch to delete the group for Ravelry, we can put Ravelry names in the crafters group on here anyway.
Aug 2011
9:29pm, 29 Aug 2011
17,026 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
Indeed, DeeGee!

My mother used to knit jumpers for my kids. Unfortunately, she would wrap them up and give them as Christmas presents, and they were sensible acrylic self-colour Arans (beautifully done, not a twist out of place), and she expected the kids to be delighted with them. I remember Ivor, aged about four, pulling one out of its wrapping, pulling a disgusted face, saying, "CLOTHES!", and lobbing it backwards over his shoulder :P

She knitted herself a big pink Aran jumper once, then decided it didn't suit her and offered it to me. "I can't wear it because it makes me look like a hippopotamus," she said. "But I thought you might like it ... "

Oh, yes? Presumably because I'm slightly daintier of frame?

"... because you don't care if you look like a hippopotamus!"

Er, thanks, Mum ;)
Aug 2011
9:31pm, 29 Aug 2011
8,038 posts
  •  
Meglet
ugh, Aran jumpers, my mum made me one when I was about 10 or 12. Apart from the fact it was chunky and cream, it was sooo itchy I couldn't wear it, even with a blouse underneath. Horrible thing!
Aug 2011
9:33pm, 29 Aug 2011
32,456 posts
  •  
mad4purple
I'll blame my late pregnancy brain for the duplicate group on here. :)

:)

About This Thread

Maintained by Helegant
***NEWSFLASH***

Possible tour of the Strictly costume workshops?

Details here: dsi-london.com

The regular "Behind the Seams" tour starts with champagne, lasts about 2 hours and includes lots of crystals and swishy dresses.

DSI London headquarters

The Courtyard

131 Aurelia Road

Croydon

CR0 3BF

If anyone wants to organise a group booking then hand up now please. Groups are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday at 11am or 2pm.

Otherwise we could make individual bookings at £29 each (2pm Saturday or Tuesday)

A thread for those of us who like making 'stuff'.

Recommended yarn/craft shops: http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=456

Lists of books/patterns http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=460

Fabric shops - bricks or on-line. fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=556

Article about sewing machines: fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=557