Knitting, crocheting and general craftery

169 watchers
Aug 2011
12:23pm, 30 Aug 2011
376 posts
  •  
smash
Hello, I'm late to the party as usual!
I've a few things on the go at the moment - a kitted lacy scarf for a present, a pair of cabled socks for my other half that I am avoiding finishing, and a crochet blanket that requires 450 granny squares, of which I've made about 35. I flitter between projects...

I've just found out about a new shop in Cardiff so I'm going there on saturday to have a look and perhaps treat myself to some new bamboo circulars. Will joing the ravelry group soon, I'm smasherly on there.
Aug 2011
12:25pm, 30 Aug 2011
71 posts
  •  
fraggle
Having a clear out, so before I take these to the charidee shop, does anyone want..

1 ball Rowan Tapestry in a blue/slate/lilac shade
2 balls Sirdar Blur (fluffy mohair stuff) in black
2 balls Opal self patterning sock yarn - it's the Rainforest Frog one, so shades of grey/blues
Aug 2011
12:29pm, 30 Aug 2011
17,043 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
I'll gladly take the Rowan Tapestry and the Opal yarn if nobody else claims them, Fraggle. It would end up on the peplum of a cardigan - I have almost enough of one dyelot for the body and sleeves, and plan to do a peplum and some stripes using odd balls of other dyelots :)
Aug 2011
12:30pm, 30 Aug 2011
17,044 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
I mean, the Tapestry would - the Opal would probably become socks ;)
Aug 2011
12:31pm, 30 Aug 2011
17,045 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
(All I have definitely to offer at the moment is a load of acrylic 4-ply - 100g balls of pink, white, red, and black - and some pink eyelash yarn and Anchor pink cotton ribbon yarn.)
Aug 2011
12:40pm, 30 Aug 2011
72 posts
  •  
fraggle
pm me your address and I'll get them in the post sometime soon then V-rap :-)

so, 2 balsl black fluff left if anyone wants them......
Aug 2011
12:51pm, 30 Aug 2011
1,757 posts
  •  
sallykate
Would love some black fluff Fraggle!

Does anyone have any hints for finding stuff on ebay?
Aug 2011
1:00pm, 30 Aug 2011
73 posts
  •  
fraggle
black fluff is yours sallykate :-)

pm me your address and get them in the post soon :-)
Aug 2011
2:01pm, 30 Aug 2011
1,758 posts
  •  
sallykate
Ooh ta!
I will make some more handwarmers for chilly days when I work from home, they're great for computer work :-)
Aug 2011
3:31pm, 30 Aug 2011
5,760 posts
  •  
runner duck
oh v'rap! glad you can laugh about it :)

i've been to the lws to get more teddy bear yarn. debbie bliss cashmerino - 1 pink, 1 pale blue. a teddy only needs one ball so still a bargain pressie :)

also got some cheap king cole chunky wool in a lovely shade of green to make a snood. bought 3 big buttons to go on it. saw some patterns on ravelry last night that i should be able to adapt :) another bargain pressie :)

determined to be sensible with christmas this year. with son at uni things are going to be a bit tight.

i think the teddies will be a hit - daughter took one look and fell in love, and she's 17!

right back to knitting...

About This Thread

Maintained by Helegant
***NEWSFLASH***

Possible tour of the Strictly costume workshops?

Details here: dsi-london.com

The regular "Behind the Seams" tour starts with champagne, lasts about 2 hours and includes lots of crystals and swishy dresses.

DSI London headquarters

The Courtyard

131 Aurelia Road

Croydon

CR0 3BF

If anyone wants to organise a group booking then hand up now please. Groups are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday at 11am or 2pm.

Otherwise we could make individual bookings at £29 each (2pm Saturday or Tuesday)

A thread for those of us who like making 'stuff'.

Recommended yarn/craft shops: http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=456

Lists of books/patterns http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=460

Fabric shops - bricks or on-line. fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=556

Article about sewing machines: fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=557