Coronavirus discussion thread

136 watchers
Jul 2021
5:37pm, 18 Jul 2021
10,863 posts
  •  
Girlie
Deleted it off my phone, don't check in or give details. Never been asked anyway. Do Lfts for work.

No intention of reinstalling it.
Jul 2021
5:40pm, 18 Jul 2021
15,212 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I’m seriously thinking of deleting after that stupid non notification we do get asked everywhere to check in with NHS or manually I don’t think I’ve ever not been asked.
Jul 2021
5:43pm, 18 Jul 2021
21,833 posts
  •  
Rosehip
I’ve kept it on my phone and scan in to anywhere that asks me to - which is only a rare pub lunch with mum, but I’ve turned the scanning off after my friend’s traffic jam ping and other stories of unlikely close contacts. If i were travelling on public transport or similar contact then I would probably put the scanning back on
Jul 2021
5:46pm, 18 Jul 2021
2,291 posts
  •  
PenW
I’ve got it on my phone but have never turned the scanning on. In part because we have to turn the scanning off at work and I know I’d forget.
Jul 2021
5:49pm, 18 Jul 2021
4,750 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
No point in having it if you're going to make your own decision about whether it's right or not anyway surely? The idea really is to make you aware of a risk that you wouldn't otherwise know about?

At our morning briefing we were told that two people had been pinged on Friday having been at our venue - both asymptomatic but tested positive - really good of them to have made the effort and contacted us to let us know even though we are in PPE and not face to face for fifteen minutes apart from in very exceptional circumstances.
Jul 2021
6:06pm, 18 Jul 2021
7,829 posts
  •  
TeeBee
bbc.co.uk

Wow misleading. I read this very excited for my 16 yr old at first, but I fear is going to be CEV only :-(
Jul 2021
6:06pm, 18 Jul 2021
15,107 posts
  •  
larkim
As I work in an environment where we have to participate in T&T contact tracing anyway, I'm happy to work on the basis that if a contact tests positive I'll be in the loop at work anyway (and bound by the decision of course). And I limit non work contacts pretty heavily too to an extent that if I got pinged for a non work contact I really would be hugely sceptical about its veracity or likelihood of infection.

And as I'm testing every 3-4 days if I did inadvertently pick up an infection I'd probably know about it anyway; with 6 of us in the house, even if some of the results are false negatives I reckon the chance of all 6 of us returning false positives is pretty low.

So no app for me.
Jul 2021
6:07pm, 18 Jul 2021
7,830 posts
  •  
TeeBee
I meant very misleading (auto correct)
Jul 2021
6:20pm, 18 Jul 2021
15,213 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
If I am in a Situation that I’m in closer contact with people scanning on. If not it’s now off. As Rosehip said her friend was only ‘near’ people in her car while others were in theirs - zero risk.

My friend also not near another sole (in a close co tact way) got pinged had to isolate for 5 days.

So if I’m at risk it will be on others or it’s off.
Jul 2021
6:26pm, 18 Jul 2021
2,292 posts
  •  
PenW
To clarify I do work at a hospital which has its own track and trace, there’s car parking for covid testing just outside my office window, I’ve been on covid wards and I don’t really do anything else (I don’t eat out, have only been to a pub 3 times and each time been outside and don’t go on public transport).

About This Thread

Maintained by sallykate
Discussion of coronavirus: share useful information, air your frustrations but play nicely!

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.