Coronavirus discussion thread

136 watchers
Jul 2021
3:11pm, 18 Jul 2021
3,598 posts
  •  
Bob!
Did it give an end date for isolation H?
She can then work back to the day of 'contact'
Jul 2021
3:19pm, 18 Jul 2021
76,642 posts
  •  
Hanneke
I didn't get that sort of detail from her. She just said she was totally flummoxed as she literally hadn't left her home, studio and garden and had only seen me, I garden with/for her once a week and I don't gave a phone I carry around with me as we have no signal here anyway... But I think she said coming Thursday... As that is when I am due to go to her...
Jul 2021
3:20pm, 18 Jul 2021
76,643 posts
  •  
Hanneke
She does walk her dogs so we can only surmise that she got close enough to another walker for their "zones" to ping?
Jul 2021
3:23pm, 18 Jul 2021
76,644 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Practically, she told me this as obviously I was with her last Thursday but we were outside and never up close. So does she now tell everyone she and her husband have been in contact with? Or let it go, as the only possibity is what I suggested: walker, phone in pocket? Outside, on a windy hill, socially distanced.
Jul 2021
3:24pm, 18 Jul 2021
76,645 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Or is it known the app gives false positives so to speak?
Jul 2021
3:57pm, 18 Jul 2021
16,886 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
I think the key thing is when the end date is, Twiglet had to isolate from a ping on the app last year which could only have been a bus ride, but by the time she was told it was only a week, not 10 days.
If she is negative and remains so, no she doesn't need to tell anyone, she just needs to isolate.
Jul 2021
4:36pm, 18 Jul 2021
15,211 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
What ping is it? If you go back a few pages I had one that said I’d been in a venue where someone later tested positive. It allowed me to get a PCR test.

It didn’t ask me to isolate and the message disappeared off my phone after I read it.

The other one is you’ve been in contact with someone and you need to self isolate for xx days depending on the date of the persons first symptoms (I believe) for me the issue with that is if you know you’ve not been in direct contact with someone just because you’re phone picked up the signal meaning you were in the vicinity but could quite easily be safe depending doing on your situation

That they tell you nothing I don’t know how they expect people to make a safe judgement of risk.
Jul 2021
4:37pm, 18 Jul 2021
15,106 posts
  •  
larkim
I'm quite surprised how many people seem to be using the app. Maybe I've had my head stuck in the sand, but I tried it out for a couple of weeks and deleted it as I couldn't see the point of a non-mandatory app with all the potentials for false positives to be disrupting a family which was testing everyone twice a week.

Not reinstalled it since.
Jul 2021
5:08pm, 18 Jul 2021
12,936 posts
  •  
UltraDunc
Me too , but have left mobile number at places I’ve visited.
Jul 2021
5:13pm, 18 Jul 2021
8,875 posts
  •  
Meeps
Same here, the app kept draining my battery so took it off.

About This Thread

Maintained by sallykate
Discussion of coronavirus: share useful information, air your frustrations but play nicely!

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.