Coronavirus discussion thread

1 lurker | 136 watchers
Jul 2021
5:25pm, 17 Jul 2021
16,843 posts
  •  
jennywren
Means he won’t have to do any press conferences for a bit. How convenient.
Jul 2021
5:30pm, 17 Jul 2021
6,859 posts
  •  
The_Saint
Did Sajid Javed get a ping?
Jul 2021
5:32pm, 17 Jul 2021
6,860 posts
  •  
The_Saint
It is interesting to consider, if someone wrote a novel about a totally incompetent government cocking up a response to an emergency would they dismiss these kind of plot twists as too unbelievable?
Jul 2021
5:38pm, 17 Jul 2021
18,310 posts
  •  
Sharkie
Wondered what was going on at lunchtime LittleN. I was travelling from Highbury and Is to Charing Cross (Vicky and Bakerloo lines) Thought I was going to miss my mainline train - several hold ups and all these messages coming through. 'The Metropolitan Line is suspended, The Circle Line is suspended, The Piccadilly line is suspended, the District lineis part suspended....'

Eeeek!
Bakerloo and Victoria unaffected - but very busy. Most people masked - apart from some rugby fans, who were drinking.
Jul 2021
5:06am, 18 Jul 2021
12,935 posts
  •  
UltraDunc
Has anyone compared last July’s statistics with this year’s? I’m baffled, considering how many have been vaccinated and restrictions are being lifted and yet? I’m of the opinion for sure now that this Government doesn’t give a damn about us.
Jul 2021
8:18am, 18 Jul 2021
20,439 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
The situation with Javid really brings to light where we are and the risks with the current strategy.

It seems Boris and rishi are partially exempt from isolation though which again is worrying. They are free to risk spreading Covid unless or until they test positive.
Jul 2021
8:52am, 18 Jul 2021
26,593 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
Sharpie too many underground staff were pinged I believe

Bad convenient how Boris is suddenly part of a trial!

Case numbers are higher than jan but hospital admissions are a third of the level of jan hence we’re all good!

85% of people asked said they won’t be changing/ relaxing which is guess is what Boris wants
To give us the choice and make us take responsibility which I guess in the long term (as covid isn’t going) is what needs to happen

But I’d rather we tried this out when cases were lower

IM Wales due in September have already cancelled …. Anyone want to guess when restrictions or lockdown are back?
Jul 2021
9:06am, 18 Jul 2021
1,155 posts
  •  
Welshpoppy
To be fair IM Wales was no even going to be on ,they waited till we made our announcement and we are a lot stricter and then decided not to run it this year.Long course weekend had already a few months ago cancelled so no big surprise at all.
Jul 2021
9:33am, 18 Jul 2021
3,202 posts
  •  
Minnie Mad
One rule for them, and if it's not convenient just make up a new one to get round it! Couldn't believe it when I read the news. It makes a mockery of the whole thing and no wonder most people are just ignoring the whole thing now.
Jul 2021
9:33am, 18 Jul 2021
1,986 posts
  •  
Roberto
Cam we all just become part of a fake testing pilot when we get told to isolate then?

About This Thread

Maintained by sallykate
Discussion of coronavirus: share useful information, air your frustrations but play nicely!

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.