Coronavirus discussion thread

1 lurker | 136 watchers
Jul 2021
3:04pm, 17 Jul 2021
1,047 posts
  •  
Non-runner
Sorry, yes, just to clarify my previous post, I was giving an example of the response you might get, not my own view. I occasionally go on a variety of boards to get out of my bubble and common themes on sceptic boards are: “my body, my choice”, “I am not a putrid bag of disease, do not treat me like one” and “my freedom does not end where your fear begins”. You have to understand (not agree with) these viewpoints before you can develop an argument to encourage the holders to change their behaviour.
Jul 2021
3:10pm, 17 Jul 2021
1,048 posts
  •  
Non-runner
Fuzzy, I often question and challenge received wisdom because I am interested in the arguments. There is nothing I like better than to kick a subject around and then be convinced by a better argument. Sorry if my approach upsets you, I am a bit OCD at times. I’ll step away for a bit now.
Jul 2021
3:12pm, 17 Jul 2021
5,552 posts
  •  
TheScribbler
GG you can book a PCR test if you think you have been in contact with someone with COVID. If you haven’t been notified that you need to isolate and your PCR test is negative, it’s my understanding that you do not need to isolate.

I had similar disappearing messages about isolation when I booked my test.
Jul 2021
3:27pm, 17 Jul 2021
15,207 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Thanks scribbler I am just frustrated by the lack of substance to the message. I’m sensible & will take additional precautions (even though I know I’ve not been in contact with another person that would be considered a risk)
Jul 2021
4:30pm, 17 Jul 2021
1,009 posts
  •  
BK brighter days ahead
GG - the message is only advisory and there are confidentiality reasons why it cannot be more specific. If you feel that you have not been in a situation that may have resulted in close contact then you don’t need to test although it may be wise to do so for your own peace of mind.
faq.covid19.nhs.uk
Jul 2021
5:03pm, 17 Jul 2021
48,493 posts
  •  
LindsD
Sajid Javid tested positive
Jul 2021
5:05pm, 17 Jul 2021
1,010 posts
  •  
BK brighter days ahead
The man who pushed for an end to all restrictions.
Jul 2021
5:14pm, 17 Jul 2021
12,320 posts
  •  
Little Nemo
Can this government get any worse?!? :-o

Really looking forward to going on public transport to work on "Freedom Day"!
Jul 2021
5:16pm, 17 Jul 2021
12,321 posts
  •  
Little Nemo
Maybe there won't *be* any tube service by Monday! :-0

bbc.co.uk
Jul 2021
5:19pm, 17 Jul 2021
21 posts
  •  
OVERTHELAST
The whole Cabinet will have to isolate now lol, maybe it's a way to reintroduce lockdown without admitting to it. Ping, ping, bolt your doors everyone!

About This Thread

Maintained by sallykate
Discussion of coronavirus: share useful information, air your frustrations but play nicely!

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.