Coronavirus discussion thread

1 lurker | 136 watchers
Jul 2021
8:15am, 17 Jul 2021
15,200 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
So I’ve got a ping… what a waste of time. It says someone has tested positive at a venue I have been at nothing on where or even a date. Means I can get a PCR test.

But I read message went back to the app to see if there was a way to find out anything else message has gone.

No requirement to self isolate is I presume it was an outdoors venue as I have been pausing contact tracing if I’m outside put it on if I’m indoors so I am presuming it’s low risk.

I will be doing LFT before my appointment on Monday & work on Tuesday & I’ll keep an eye on things.

Would be much more helpful if it gave some information
Jul 2021
12:21pm, 17 Jul 2021
39,228 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
The recommendation is to self isolate gg. I can understand why you wouldn't. Take care. :-) G
Jul 2021
12:37pm, 17 Jul 2021
15,202 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
There is no recommendation to self isolate and the message pinged up and disappeared nothing on my app at all. The person may have been there at a totally different time not giving any information is totally pointless.

Jul 2021
12:42pm, 17 Jul 2021
15,203 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
It’s only that I took a screenshot I have this.

It appears to give me opportunity to get PCR without having symptoms but with the message disappearing I couldn’t prove that anyway.
Jul 2021
12:44pm, 17 Jul 2021
395 posts
  •  
fuzzyduck79
My wife works as a child bereavement counsellor. One of her clients lost her father to covid.

His boss and wife both got infected, confirmed it by test, chose to keep that private and decided not to isolate.

Boss went in to work, spoke face to face with this employee without a mask on, didn’t let anyone know he was infected.
Jul 2021
12:53pm, 17 Jul 2021
15,204 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
That is horrific why would you? I hope they feel good knowing they are responsible for this mans avoidable death.

A similar situation occurred with my colleagues daughter a kid came to school who had covid apparently the parents knew but don’t believe in covid so sent her to school. 4 other children caught it

I will be keeping a lower profile based on the ping but some information would have made it more understandable surely they know the venue and time of day the person was there? Although even they system is flawed as you don’t check out when you leave so the app just has you there for the rest of the day unless you check in somewhere else on the same day. Bonkers.
Jul 2021
12:54pm, 17 Jul 2021
15,205 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
And I would have been with my husband and while he doesn’t have the app he always puts his name and number down no one has contacted him? So again what is the point?
Jul 2021
1:03pm, 17 Jul 2021
6,181 posts
  •  
Metro_Nome
Happy G there are two types of notification. The one gg has doesn’t include a recommendation to isolate. There is a “stronger” notification which does.
Jul 2021
2:24pm, 17 Jul 2021
48,487 posts
  •  
LindsD
I think they can't tell you where and when i case you go all vigilante and look for the person.
Jul 2021
3:04pm, 17 Jul 2021
15,206 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Think that is highly unlikely to be an option 😂 but how can you make an assessment of risk if you don’t know where it was or even a date? It just seems ludicrous & pointless checking in anywhere. No wonder people are losing the will with it all.

About This Thread

Maintained by sallykate
Discussion of coronavirus: share useful information, air your frustrations but play nicely!

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.