BIKE THREAD

3 lurkers | 200 watchers
Feb 2007
1:19pm, 5 Feb 2007
0 posts
  •  
Hanneke
I went out in my trainers on Saturday, first time on the steep hills and all that :-) thankfully, the pedal of the looks is large enough to do that on short rides. Actually considering getting a spare pair of cleats and screwing them onto a bit of wood covered in rubber for those days/rides that I don't want to be clipped in :-)
Feb 2007
1:25pm, 5 Feb 2007
0 posts
  •  
Rach E
BUT Mikuro, so worth it. I have already paid for mine through savings in tube tickets :-) Does your employer offer a bike to work scheme (i.e. you don't have to pay VAT on bikes you buy)? Mine doesn't, but a lot do if you ask.

Basic bromptons start out relatively cheap. I have a 3-speed version with slightly tuned up gearing which suits me perfectly. They also hold their value extremely well so if you were to sell it in future, you wouldn't lose much.

Lol Jules. I have done the SPD topple a number of times on my road bike.
Feb 2007
1:34pm, 5 Feb 2007
0 posts
  •  
Hanneke
A good foldup cannot be cheap Mikuro, think of the technology involved of building a bike that rides well AND folds up easily AND is lightweight... it is well worth the investment though, as Rach says. Not just the money you save on public transport, but also the fact that you are in control of your travelling is important to me.
Feb 2007
1:37pm, 5 Feb 2007
0 posts
  •  
Kieren
As long as you're mobine fast John, you wont fall off. It's only the slow moving stuiff & trafic lights that will make you tumble.

Great for climbing hills though or even switching up the ride a little so you give your quads a rest & pull up & work the hamstrings
Feb 2007
1:46pm, 5 Feb 2007
0 posts
  •  
JulesR
Kieren's right JohnJ - cleats rock going up hills. All the falls I have whilst clipped into my pedals are at zero mph so they don't even hurt. It's just a bit embarassing lying on the road with the bike on top of you time after time (twice more last Sunday)
Feb 2007
1:48pm, 5 Feb 2007
0 posts
  •  
JohnJ
good point and well made Kieren. Maybe I will consider them. Are they OK for MTB as well as road work???
Feb 2007
1:59pm, 5 Feb 2007
0 posts
  •  
Hanneke
I got some decent bruising toppling over at 0 mph though... and bust a chain as well, by falling on top of it and bending a few links...
Feb 2007
2:01pm, 5 Feb 2007
0 posts
  •  
Loon Dod
Ebay is full of Folding bikes.
Anyone got a recumbent I would love to try one.
Feb 2007
2:04pm, 5 Feb 2007
0 posts
  •  
JulesR
My bike list:
1. Shiny new Specialized "Expert" (can't fall off cleats riding this one)
2. Old Specialized Allez (winter bike)
3. Kona Kikapu MTB
4. "Trash" no suspension MTB

Looking forward to riding the shiny new road bike in the Spring - maybe with tri bars too...
Feb 2007
2:07pm, 5 Feb 2007
0 posts
  •  
JohnJ
My wife wants me to sell my GT Avalanche because I have a new bike!!! Whats that all about????

About This Thread

Maintained by GregP