Gobi
well if you can you do Han
Feb 2007
11:39pm, 3 Feb 2007
0 posts
  •  
Hanneke
we will see, we will see...

At the moment I am not confident I can do anything... lost confidence in my body a bit lately, so will get back into training really slowly for now, until I have that confidence back.

I just ordered a book on heart rate training though and two on ironman training :-)
Feb 2007
11:42pm, 3 Feb 2007
0 posts
  •  
Gobi
you know what to do and you know where I am
Feb 2007
11:50pm, 3 Feb 2007
0 posts
  •  
Hanneke
I do indeed :-)
Feb 2007
11:52pm, 3 Feb 2007
0 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Off to bed, dreaming of a new bike :-)
Feb 2007
9:54am, 5 Feb 2007
0 posts
  •  
Loon Dod
Ok I have
I/ Triumph Bonny
2/ BMW R100
3/ Giant Yukon MTB
4/ Fausto Copi Road Bike

Use MTB every day to go back and forth to work and general nipping about town.
Use road bike once a week at turbo sessions at the moment as no time on weekends for a cycle due to LSR.
Bonny is going in the spring

BMW needs an MOT then will use for touring during the summer.
Feb 2007
10:03am, 5 Feb 2007
0 posts
  •  
Kieren
I have a red bike. I once got my legs spinning at 177rpm on the thing.

That was in Richmond Park on a downhill. The bike is a fixed gear running 42x16 & at that rpm it wasn't long before the back wheel started skipping which was scary on the corner.

I used to get hip pain from running but the bike really sorted out my weak hip flexors. Also letting loose on teh downhills helped my running to I think - it got my legs used to moving at high speed. Even though you relax (or try to) for the fast descents the muscles & nerves still have to work at that faster rate
Feb 2007
10:39am, 5 Feb 2007
0 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Nice list Loon Dod :-)

Way to go Kieren!!!!
Feb 2007
11:05am, 5 Feb 2007
0 posts
  •  
JohnJ
I guess I qualify for this thread now I have to crosstrain due to my buggered leg.

1. Very old Carrera Furnace (leant out to a friend at the moment seemed kinder than concemming it to the tip)
2. GT Avalanche 3.0 Hardtail MTB (used mainly on roads at night for Xtraining)
3. GT I-Drive XCR 5 (my new baby that gets muddy every weekend. and she was free) :-)
Feb 2007
11:07am, 5 Feb 2007
0 posts
  •  
Hoaxster
1. Very knackered, mudy and rusty shell of an MTB that this thread is seriously making me think about as a rennovation project. No helmet or lycra, will this be a problem?

About This Thread

Maintained by GregP