BIKE THREAD

3 lurkers | 200 watchers
Feb 2007
11:08am, 5 Feb 2007
0 posts
  •  
Hanneke
the lack of lycra definitely is a problem Hoax, the whole reason for me starting this thread was to accumulate some nice TBIL :-)
Feb 2007
11:09am, 5 Feb 2007
0 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Welcome JohnJ... yes, you have a yummy new bike :-) tempted to get something similar myself, but waiting to see what the second hand options are...
Feb 2007
11:10am, 5 Feb 2007
0 posts
  •  
icklechick
1. Trek 1000 WSD bike - that I keep falling off on as I have trouble getting my feet out of the clips
2. Scott somethingorother MTB which is very mucky but much loved.

Been trying to get into the habit of cycling to work but a lack of showers make it somewhat difficult. The Mtb is for fun and the road bike is for duathlon when I get round to it (and fit enough).
No lycra but I do have a cycling helmet. Have a very nice light too ....
bikelights.com
Feb 2007
11:12am, 5 Feb 2007
0 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Ohhh, well you are a real cyclist IC, when you fall over because of being clipped in... :-)
Feb 2007
11:15am, 5 Feb 2007
0 posts
  •  
icklechick
thanks Hann - it definitely amuses the car drivers!
Feb 2007
11:20am, 5 Feb 2007
0 posts
  •  
JohnJ
OK bike fans I have £40 left to spend at Halfords what should I buy??? The following is what I have recently purchased.

Muc Off cleaning pack, Camelback, cycling shorts, disc brake cleaner, gloves, pump, suspension pump,.

There must be some other gadget I can buy from Halfords but I can't see anything when I wander around the store.
Feb 2007
11:24am, 5 Feb 2007
0 posts
  •  
Mikuro
I need to get a folding bike for commuting if I get this job I have an interview for on Friday...
Feb 2007
11:25am, 5 Feb 2007
0 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Helmet? Lights??? LS top???
Feb 2007
11:27am, 5 Feb 2007
0 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Mikuro, do you need to fold and lift it into bus/train? And how often on the journey? If it needs to be folded a lot, I recommend a Brompton, if not, get a Dahon like I have, extreme cycle comfort, but slightly more awkward to fold and heavier to carry. I dont mind that, as I dont fold and carry that much... it has 8 gears and a derailleur and goes like the clappers :-) and well kitted out with Sram gear...
Feb 2007
11:32am, 5 Feb 2007
0 posts
  •  
JohnJ
I have all those Hann :( There must be something I could get.

About This Thread

Maintained by GregP