BIKE THREAD

200 watchers
Feb 2007
11:14pm, 3 Feb 2007
0 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Ohhhh, Gobi has a Ginat TCR too :-) the man has taste... ;-)

Not yet Rach, wanting to make sure the injuries wont come back first before I enter any races...
Feb 2007
11:14pm, 3 Feb 2007
0 posts
  •  
Applecross
the little CO2 cartridge pumps are great fun Han - takes a bit of practice to try and control the pressure though - must've come close to exploding my try first time I tried!
Feb 2007
11:15pm, 3 Feb 2007
0 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Go for it Rach :-)

I bought a swimsuit and went for a 35 minute swim a couple of weeks back, thats a start too :-)
Feb 2007
11:15pm, 3 Feb 2007
0 posts
  •  
Gobi
we will see Rach

Yes Hann I have very good taste
Feb 2007
11:16pm, 3 Feb 2007
0 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Ahhh, must practice those as well then AC :-)

rach, anything else I'd need, apart from: swimsuit, bike, bike shoes, bike shorts, helmet, running shoes???
Feb 2007
11:17pm, 3 Feb 2007
0 posts
  •  
Hanneke
As its a sprint one, I thought I'd pull my cycling shorts on over my swimsuit, put helmet on and jump on the bike, after the bike leg swapping the helmet and cycle shoes for running shoes? That would save time, right?
Feb 2007
11:22pm, 3 Feb 2007
0 posts
  •  
Rach E
Googles and swimhat would be useful too, Han! Are you planning to purchase a tri-suit? That means no changing during transitions (although if you're talking about Ironman, you probably do need additional padding on the bike). I also take an extra spare of contacts and my glasses to leave in the transition area, and also my cycling glasses.

If you're planning to wear socks for the bike and/or run, I really recommend X-Socks as they have a tab on them at the back which makes them very quick to put on.

You'll also need a number belt (unless you're pinning your number to a t-shirt) and I found elastic laces were a godsend for extra speed in the bike to run transition.

It's also useful to leave a small towel in transition for after the swim.
Feb 2007
11:22pm, 3 Feb 2007
0 posts
  •  
Gobi
or just wing it like me
Feb 2007
11:23pm, 3 Feb 2007
0 posts
  •  
Rach E
I will just summarise my garbled rubbish. You will/may also need: