1000 miles in 2024

4 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 728.8
Jul 2023
12:39pm, 10 Jul 2023
11,884 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks GG, I think that I have got my confidence back now.

Congratulations on your 25th wedding anniversary, sounds like you have had a busy week.

Sorry to hear that your knee is a bit dodgy, and hope it is nothing to worry about.

Steve, I don't cycle at all nowadays, as I'm much to nervous of all the traffic.

21 minutes walking a 5k is incredible. That time is beyond the reach of the majority of park runners.

Sorry to hear FF, that your knee has been playing up too. I hope that it doesn't get any worse.

Well done LL for your fartlek run this morning in the rain. It hasn't rained here, and is bright and sunny.

I ran 10 miles in the forest this morning with the Monday Group. The terrain was relatively mud free, except for one short stretch, but quite challenging with the undulations and roots.
Jul 2023
10:28am, 11 Jul 2023
11,893 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Just the usual Tuesday Farmers Walk this morning.
Jul 2023
10:54am, 11 Jul 2023
20,712 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Well done hs I trust still no aches from your tumble.

I had very little sleep last night (overloaded brain) but dragged myself out for a 4m loop. Now a day in front of spreadsheets - joy.
Jul 2023
1:10pm, 11 Jul 2023
9,386 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
A steady 6 and a quicker 3 this morning for myself. I was attacked by seagulls this morning, initially 1 and then several started swooping at me for some unknown reason. Unless they nest at ground level I've no idea why they should have done that.
Jul 2023
1:30pm, 11 Jul 2023
3,506 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
I’d die of fright FF I hate seagulls 😱
Jul 2023
1:35pm, 11 Jul 2023
9,387 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
I didn't look up LL, I just continued as I was and hoped they didn't actually hit me.
Jul 2023
2:19pm, 11 Jul 2023
20,713 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
They are a flipping nightmare, I do think a lot of it is they have become so brave to go and get food that they see humans as a food source.

I did an ultra that went through Whitby in 2019, running (its relative) up THE steps and 2 ladies at the top got an ice cream 99 cone. One seagull literally swooped and took it out her hand and swallowed it whole!

But several of them is very scary
Jul 2023
3:09pm, 11 Jul 2023
11,896 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks GG, I have no aches from my fall luckily.

Well done for getting out for a run after a bad nights sleep. The only spreadsheet that I have any interest nowadays, is the "Wordle one"

Seagulls aren't at all particular about what they eat. Pigeons are nearly as bad. When I lived in Waterlooville, an elderly lady used to feed them in the town centre, and there seemed to be hundreds of them. I get a number of seagulls regularly around where I live, and they rip open the sacks that we put out for collection every week.

That must have been scary FF, seagulls swooping down on you for no apparent reason. I seem to remember many years ago, a pop group called "A flock of seagulls."
Jul 2023
3:23pm, 11 Jul 2023
9,390 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
You're definitely right about the pop group hillstrider. 'Wishing (If I had a photograph of you)' from 1982 is the one I remember.
Jul 2023
4:34pm, 11 Jul 2023
3,292 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Congratulations on your anniversary GG. Good for you getting out this morning with a rubbish night's sleep - I had one of those too.

Seagulls are a right pest, we aren't allowed to do anything. They nest on the roof at work, and make such a noise. Maintenance guys have to wear armour when they go up there. They also like stealing food.

Nesting buzzards have been swooping not far away from me. Not a place I run thankfully.

I did 7 miles in the heat on Saturday including Parkrun. Then 6 this morning, it was warm but not as hot. 4x5 min intervals done, testing to see how my performance compared to the same session back in November, paces for each interval were about the same. Happy with that.

It's raining heavily now, again.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000