1000 miles in 2024

3 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 728.8
Jul 2023
11:30am, 12 Jul 2023
11,903 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done Lesley, some quality running there. You seem to be maintaining a similar level to last year.

A hill reps session this morning with the Wednesday Group, comprising 6 reps with sprints over the top onto the gravel track.
Jul 2023
1:43pm, 12 Jul 2023
6,159 posts
  •  
steve45
It's been a bit of a knee week or so! Mine seems almost 100% ok although I'm still being a bit cautious. Hope yours, FF and gg calm down and don't sideline you. You both did good runs despite the aches!
Seagulls that swoop will invariably be protecting a young bird nearby and which often has fallen from a rooftop. We have had two fallen chicks from our chimney stack this year which created dangerous days for us and our two cats. We did get quite attached to one chick and it to us because we fed it regularly but the situation was resolved when the chicks were killed and eaten probably by a fox. Gulls might be a nuisance but they were here before us, their demise (populations are rapidly falling) will impact on the whole ecology of our coastline.
I remember that band AF of Sgulls too!
Great 10 miler hs. I remember you mentioning no cycling a couple of years back. Not so bad on side roads though FF.
You're not doing that bad LL, as for upping one's game I'm still hovering and waiting! Just 2 miles before a weights session this morning.
Jul 2023
2:20pm, 12 Jul 2023
11,907 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Glad to hear that your knee is almost 100% now Steve.

Thanks re the 10 miles. I do like longer runs. Well done for your 2 miles, followed by a weights session.
Jul 2023
10:52am, 13 Jul 2023
11,919 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Ran 5 miles fartlek on roads, working on the hills.
Jul 2023
11:02am, 13 Jul 2023
6,161 posts
  •  
steve45
I prefer fartlek to intervals/reps although really haven't done anything remotely like those sessions for over a year now. Well done with your continued positive training hs.
5k this morning just run/walk was all I could manage but happy to be out along the river trail.
Jul 2023
11:22am, 13 Jul 2023
11,921 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks Steve, I'm going to reintroduce fartleks to the Wednesday Group sessions. We have been alternating hills and intervals/reps,

Well done for your run/walk 5k which is positive progress. I'm on the over 70's Facebook forum, and many of them apply the Jeffing method, especially in marathons. Their times are very impressive. I had to resort to walk run during the last mile or so of the Salisbury 10 miles back in March, which is probably the main reason I upped the quality of my training.
Jul 2023
2:33pm, 13 Jul 2023
3,510 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
I do a what I call a structured Fartlek I start with a half mile warm up then do 60,50,40,30,20,10 of a mile each one quicker. I do have recoveries between which I either walk or slow jog depends on the weather. I ran a slow 10k last night at midweek league more of a social but happy to get the miles in.

Well done HS on your 5 miler and Steve on your 5k.
Nice running Lesley 😀
Jul 2023
2:52pm, 13 Jul 2023
9,409 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Well done for your 5k Steve.
Another good run hillstrider including those fartleks.
8.6 miles for me this morning with a quick 1.5 miles finish.
Jul 2023
2:56pm, 13 Jul 2023
9,410 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Whoops sorry I meant to include you too LL. A good 10k midweek league race or social, well done. I can't do running clubs or midweek races with working evenings.
Jul 2023
3:48pm, 13 Jul 2023
11,925 posts
  •  
hillstrider
LL, your structured fartlek sounds good. Well done for your social league 10k. A good session is where runners line up behind each other and run together, with the back runner running to the front, and the front runner to the back, and so on. This gives every runner a turn at the front, so they all benefit.

Thanks LL and FF for your comments on my training.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000