1 lurker | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 726.0
Jun 2023
10:59am, 15 Jun 2023
11,596 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Another scorchio 🌞😅
I ran a solo 4 miles this morning, including a continuous 4.45 minutes on a down hill trail. I did this after reading LL's post about down hill training.
Jun 2023
12:26pm, 15 Jun 2023
9,212 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
I have a 6 mile lumpy race in 3 weeks but no lumps to train on.
13 miles this morning and feeling totally different to Sunday. A warm sunny day with a gentle breeze, I stuck to the roads with one short grass path.
Jun 2023
1:55pm, 15 Jun 2023
11,603 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Good luck FF with your 6 mile lumpy race, with no lumps to train on.
Well done for this mornings 13 miler. It sounded as if the conditions were ideal. 4 miles were ample for me in the heat.
Jun 2023
3:21pm, 15 Jun 2023
3,447 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Nice to mix things HS good luck with you race FF and wow 13. I’ve bottled the midweek league tonight as suffering in the heat. Going to do a bike ride later 🤞
Jun 2023
3:25pm, 15 Jun 2023
3,276 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Good to see everyone is getting some running in - even in the heat.

Please stick around Steve.

I didn't run last Thursday as I felt rubbish. Tablets worked and I ran on Sunday, a hilly 8 miles in a nearby forest. I was out early on Tuesday (before work and before it got too hot) and did a nice speed session - 10 mins HM pace, 3 mins easy, 10x 30 secs hill reps, 3 mins easy and 10 mins at 10k pace. It's a good one to do. Hoping to get out later - it's going to be roasting.
Jun 2023
5:02pm, 15 Jun 2023
20,609 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Sorry I havent been here much neither, life this week has been mental even on my usual level!! I haven't been in the house long enough to sit still.

Great to see the miles still getting done in the warmer air and its been same here although slightly less effort and not as far - aiming for a longer run tomorrow.

Steve I hope you do still stay here, I know how hard it is when you cannot run but we all value your support and enjoy your life updates and I def would like to know how you are doing.

Lesley glad to see you are feeling better

LL that downhill effort sounds good but scary, I always worry more downhill than up, when you see the fell runners literally flying downhill it is a sight to behold.

We're off to the boat in an hour or so, so best get the bag packed! Have a lovely sunny weekend everyone.
Jun 2023
10:42am, 16 Jun 2023
11,611 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Glad that you are feeling better now Lesley, and have been doing some quality training.

GG, I hope today's longer run goes ok and that its not too hot.

It's the Isle of Wight Festival this weekend. Several years ago, my sister and I were on the ferry with all the Festival goers, but unfortunately on the way to one of our auntie's funeral.

A rest day today, just the usual Farmers Walk.
Jun 2023
11:42am, 16 Jun 2023
6,137 posts
  •  
steve45
Of course everyone knows that downhill running has more potential pitfalls than running up. It's an art, and needs practice in order to let gravity assist in the increased speed and leg turnover. So that you don't fall over! The "lean forward", keeping upper body ahead of foot strike to keep the momentum instead of the "lean back" and the breaking element is a great skill to learn. I'm afraid that my ability in downhill running ended many years ago--that horrible term "used to" comes to the fore again! We used to run downhill on a half mile long hill, probably the steepest hill in Cardiff every week, on club nights!
Fabulous 13 miler FF and an impressive hilly 8 mile there Lesley..and speed sessions too. Hope the disembarkment went ok gg and that you're getting some miles in. I suspect you've had a pretty hot Farmer's Walk today hs so not really much of a rest as such.
My wife enjoyed her 9.2 miler in 24c, she enjoys the heat. I've got used to not running but am missing the whole routine although walking at a fairly brisk pace is making me feel as if I'm keeping things toned and working!
Jun 2023
4:44pm, 16 Jun 2023
20,616 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I’m glad you’re getting out albeit on a slower pace than you’d prefer Steve and def good to hear from you.

We made it to boat late last night, my colleague is off so I said I’d keep an eye on inbox so logged on before going out and finally made it out much later than planned and of course that meant much hotter than it could have been. But a little breeze made it pleasant and I made it a bit shorter too. 11.5 instead of 13.

Perfect weather for a festival and hope you all have a great weekend.
Jun 2023
12:16pm, 17 Jun 2023
11,620 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Good that you are now walking briskly Steve, and hopefully will be running again soon, no matter what pace.

Well done GG for your 11.5 miles.

Another hot morning, so was pleased with my 29.05 parkrun, which is 30 seconds quicker than last week.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000