1000 miles in 2024

4 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 726.0
May 2023
9:40pm, 24 May 2023
20,446 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
LL a friend of mine works in physio type role, granted working with older people, but it’s relevant for any age. We were talking about my mam as she’d had a few falls walking/running. She had a bad bunion surgery and my friend said the issue with her foot causes unbalance and prone to falling add on a nervousness of falling on uneven surfaces - hence I asked as I wondered if you had an injury that has maybe lead to a similar imbalance. Def work looking in to as it could be easily worked on. Good luck either way
May 2023
11:13pm, 24 May 2023
4,182 posts
  •  
Mrsbridgewater
Ooo I’m halfway there!

Tonight’s run took me to 500 miles for the year.

Thinking about going to bed early so I can get up early… but I already get up at 5.45am (I get to work at 7) and stay up way too late!
May 2023
7:50am, 25 May 2023
11,372 posts
  •  
hillstrider
I hope you are feeling ok now LL? I'm afraid off road running does have its hazards, as I well know, having had "my fair share" of falls. Do you carry your phone with you when you run solo, in case you have a fall? My running club has urged us to download "Power of 3" to enable us to be located easier in the event of an accident.
May 2023
7:52am, 25 May 2023
11,373 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done MrsB for your 500 miles for the year so far.
May 2023
9:53am, 25 May 2023
11,374 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Should have read "What 3 words"
May 2023
10:52am, 25 May 2023
20,451 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Great mileage and ahead of schedule MrsB.

it is hard when you're already up that early for work. I'm a night owl too and normally out somewhere between 6-7 but working from home it affords me that extra time. Pre covid runs before work were no later than 6.

Out with my pal after work, feels like forever since I saw her what with work, weekends away and her not being well last week.
May 2023
10:56am, 25 May 2023
11,376 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Another lovely morning and I ran a very easy pace solo 5k exploring the many pathways round the duck pond. Not many people know of its location, so it's really relaxing enjoying the peace and quiet, and appreciating the scenery 😃
May 2023
11:27am, 25 May 2023
9,076 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Well done all. I don't think I'm dedicated enough to get up early before work. My job working evenings allow me to get up when I'm ready and then head out, as long as I'm home for lunch I don't mind.
May 2023
12:15pm, 25 May 2023
6,106 posts
  •  
steve45
Well after another day off because of my bloody foot/ankle issue it was ok today! A fairly good effort for me but still only just over 5k.
I bet you were glad to discard that helmet after one mile then FF!
Continued good structured training hs which puts me to shame!!
Although it's not nice, far better to fall on an off road surface LL. Easy enough to trip though but right what gg says.
Fabulous 500 Mrsb. Heck with your full on responsibilities you sure can kick a**.
The first ten years of my running were always in the evenings, I tried morning running once or twice and couldn't hack it, yet of course nearly all races were morning starts and I often found it a shock to the system back then. Then out of necessity a new habit developed and the thought of evening running doesn't appeal now. I'm sure if I HAD to pick evenings again I'd eventually adjust.
I chuckled at the commentary and statements made about slowing down with age during the Great Manchester Run. Steve Cram letting poor Mo know that after 40 it gets much worse!!
May 2023
1:43pm, 25 May 2023
11,381 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done Steve for another 5k+ and good to hear that your foot/ankle were ok.

I received an email from parkrun this morning, congratulating me on the 10th anniversary of my first parkrun. Where have those years gone?

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000